• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 Paint

cheesehead dave

Our fire department obtained an M1078 to be used as a brush truck. We want to paint the cab red and put our logo's on the doors. I know nothing about the paint. Can we simply sand it, apply a primer, then paint over the primer. If so, what type of paint and primer should we use. Is the current camo paint toxic. Can we sand it using a simple face mask outside, or do we need to wear breathing apparatus while sanding. Thanks. Dave.

snowtrac nome

I'm no body man ,the chemical agent resistive coating AKA CARC is essentially imron paint it is tough as nails, and ppe precautions are the same as you would use for imron. Be advised dust masks are for convenience, any time a mask is required, it must be FIT tested to an assigned user, and said user must have a medical clearance to use one. just have your body shop use the same procedure's they would use with poly urethane or imron paint.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks