• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mulemac01 M275 2 1/2 ton Gas truck tractor ON-GOING restoration and rebuild tread.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
I haven't updated this in a long time because I'm just starting my M274A2 mule restoration project.

Sence last posting was about convoy lighting I got that done and installed, and working.

I wanted to tackle inside the cab to finish some nagging items on my list. My front windows where old and sun baked, and my window wipers never worked the motors where froze up. Over the course of a few days I replaced the windows with NOS front windows and new wipers, arms, and blades. Next on the list was replacing some of the hard rubber door seals on the cab and one door seal on the door.

I'll post pictures soon of my work. The cab is finally finished. Everything in the cab is new.

Only thing left to do is install a military radio kit for 2.5 ton trucks(have already, antenna, and a Rt-524 I ordered today. Will post pictures of that also for your viewing pleasure.

Last edited:

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Update 2/2/2020

After finishing up everything in my previous posts. I took a brake on the truck. Sometime passed and I was thinking what could I do to make a rare gas M275 even rare.. So I thought maybe adding a winch was the final step to make it a rare gas M275 w/w. So some more time passed and then I seen a ad on the Facebook group of a gentleman parting out a gasser M35 truck with a 10,000lbs Garwood winch on it in southern California so I asked and he said 500 for everything
Winch, bumber, pto, gasser drive shaft, bumber extensions, linkages, and stuff, I was like sold well over the weekend I went down and picked it up.

Over the next few weeks I'm. Going to order pto seal kits and clean and sand blast the parts and repaint it and post my progress on this project.

Ps I'm going to need the long Chain with hook that goes on the winch cable or if someone can give me the size and length of everything.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well sorry guys this covid stuff had me delayed, and me losing my job wasn't fun.

Update 21-1-2020

Front bumber and extensions are on truck.
View attachment 819618
I believe, on the winch trucks, the headlights were mounted higher like they were on the later trucks. Maybe someone else will chime in to confirm my suspicion. I have not had many of the older deuces, but I did have a truck that had a winch and was converted to multi-fuel. It had the higher headlights.

tommys2patrick

You are doing a fantastic job. I wish you well in the job search and continued tenacity and skill in this project. You have inspired me to continue in work on my own later year Diesel M275 project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks