• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moderators~ Time for a Generator only forum!?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anything not Genset related in the Auxiliary Equipment Forum gets swamped over with all the Genset threads.

Any info on a dedicated forum for Gensets only?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still need a dedicated Generator Only Forum.

The generator threads drown everything else out.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Still need a dedicated Generator Only Forum.

The generator threads drown everything else out.
I wouldn't be opposed to creating another forum. But historically this always ends up being more complaints once it's happened. (Hot rod forums for example. We created them, then it turns into argument/debate on what belongs where.) Also it'd be nice to have someone experienced in moderation to take on this "job" who also knows the subject matter.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Based on total volume of posts, this sectional forum should be about Generators.... so yeah, I think its well worth the time to split the posts out (or its easier to move all the non power generation posts to their own subsection). I'd be amenable to helping if need be too, as I have been what they call a 'super moderator' (in between regular moderators and admins) over at www.ford-trucks.com for 15 years now.

dav5

It makes a lot of sense to move non generator stuff to a new thread and then rename the remaining info as generator only. There are offers of assistance from 3 of the most knowledgeable contributors on the site. I'm sure they would have no problem deciding the best way to do it.

dav5

Also I don't want to muddy the waters but once some help is accepted would it be too much to get a 'Sticky" for MEP-802A MEP-803A Filters and Parts???

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It makes a lot of sense to move non generator stuff to a new thread and then rename the remaining info as generator only. There are offers of assistance from 3 of the most knowledgeable contributors on the site. I'm sure they would have no problem deciding the best way to do it.
I will consider creating a new section. But I just am reluctant due to the history behind the CUCV/Deuce/5 ton sub forums. It always turns into people complaining about things not being where they're supposed to be.

I could grant moderator access to people that have offered for this new area.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will consider creating a new section. But I just am reluctant due to the history behind the CUCV/Deuce/5 ton sub forums. It always turns into people complaining about things not being where they're supposed to be.

I could grant moderator access to people that have offered for this new area.
I do not know of the past problems that have been encountered in the CUCV/Deuce/5 ton sub forums so I cannot comment on that issue but that might be a good start.

Anything that would lead to consolidation of information on different sets and issues would be an improvement.

Having read through the many pages of the auxilary section, I've found the participants to be most helpful and courteous. I think that a separate generator sub forum would greatly benefit both the veterans of this forum and new comers who are seeking information to troubleshoot and repair their gensets.

Most of the common problems and solutions found concerning these various sets seem to have been addressed at one time or another throughout the pages, however it sometimes becomes quite the tedious search to sift through and find.

Like having a huge container with all the issues thrown in and no drawers or folders to separate things out for easy access.

I too would like to see a separate generator sub forum where info could be sorted out by model/size/issue/solution/parts etc.

Respectfully,
Farmitall

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I do not know of the past problems that have been encountered in the CUCV/Deuce/5 ton sub forums
See your ending quote below
I too would like to see a separate generator sub forum where info could be sorted out by model/size/issue/solution/parts etc.
This is one "issue" that arises. Further splintering. The other one is the arguments/debates about what belongs where.

Now on the absolute flip side of this, I deal with new users daily that either have no clue how to start a thread, find the appropriate forum for a thread, or place threads in the completely wrong forum. (To the point that I have a "canned" email explaining things)

I would think that this forum becoming generator exclusive and a non-generator subforum would be the easiest division of this section. Understand though, that will have the need for those who have offered help to review threads one by one to find the "not generator" content.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks