• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 in Germany

bananajoe

Hi Guys,

I have already searched the forum for some answers but unfortunately I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm from Germany and I'm looking to buy a 1990 M923A2. As you can imagine the market for these trucks in Germany is very small and the amount of trucks to choose from is even smaller. However, I would like to ask you guys what to look for when test driving one of these trucks.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Heidelberg, Germany

bananajoe

mcmullag

See if the CTIS lites on the control thing in cab has one solid HWY lite on. Many times you have 4 or 5 lites flashing if the CTIS system has air leaks.
Another thing is, can you switch the transfer case into low range and back into high range with the lever in the cab.
Test drive and look at your rpm's in hi range and then in low range, make sure low range really works because sometimes the air lines controlling the transfer case are installed wrong after a rebuild of the truck.
I owned two of them and both had gone thru a 'rebuild'.
I maybe will own another one in the future. Take a look at the batteries under the front seat and look in the tool boxes and look all over the engine and try to crawl under the truck and look it all over. 1st M923a2.jpgkids on the bumper.jpg

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and hobby. Acrually you are in agood position over there, The trucks are not at all rare as most of the auctions and disposal sites are around europe, germany especially. just look up gov planet.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched a GovPlanet Europe auction a while back.
Prices were a LOT cheaper than in the US.
Everything from trucks to trailers.
Nice stuff also.
Kinda spread out, but Germany had a lot, if not the most equipment.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgot to add

The civilian construction equipment did, as usual, bring a premium price.

Fyi

Migginsbros

Hi Guys,

I have already searched the forum for some answers but unfortunately I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm from Germany and I'm looking to buy a 1990 M923A2. As you can imagine the market for these trucks in Germany is very small and the amount of trucks to choose from is even smaller. However, I would like to ask you guys what to look for when test driving one of these trucks.

Thanks in advance and best regards from Heidelberg, Germany

bananajoe
You get one of the M923A2 ?

Let us know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks