• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

water getting into the fuel tanks after rain

tankland

water in fuel on my v-100 is a problem .I put duck tape around the filler plate but water gets in .my v-100 has anti slip on armor around fuel tanks !!! craig

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it's a bad design in my opinion, the fuel cap sits below were the water level would be and the vent allows water to enter. I dump some rubbing alcohol in mine from time to time to absorb the water, I have a water seperator in the fule line as well. It's in place of the standard military fuel filter on the front wall.

Maple Leaf Eh

The other answer is to bypass the internal tanks completely. Two ways come to mind for vehicles that don't burn a full tank between outings. Number one is to plump a flex line to a jerry-can mounted on the backend that snakes into the interior through the cooling grill. Number two is even simple, use outboard motorboat portable tanks. Neither would pass a road safety 12" inspection, but avoid the issues of corrosion and moisture in the tanks.

Maple Leaf Eh

The fuel fillers on the V100 are caps that look like a barrel bung recessed under a flat 1/4" plate cover. Nothing realistic about their placement either on the front nose slopes. So, the filler and its vent are nestled in a cup below the plate. No wonder rain gets in. Jump ahead to the last production run of the V100, the designers got smart and simplified the caps by getting rid of the recess and going to a stock M113 cast gas cap.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Filler caps are supposed to be non-vented. Each tank has a vent and a pressure relief valve on the roof.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks