• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I hurt, from the tips of my fingers to the ends of my toes.

dmetalmiki

I am a firm believer that the worst trips often make the best stories. You will stories to tell at gatherings for years.

As in "did I ever mention the time I bought an M37, in Canada, sight-unseen off ePay? It had expired plates, no gas tank or parking brake, and barely an exhaust system but I drove it back to California anyway..."

Good luck with the rest of the trip and dress warmly.
"fortune favours the 'brave'"..or..something..good luck post up pictures of your jouney.

FloridaAKM

You, Sir are one determined individual. Kudos to your endeavor, neither ice, snow, rain or dark of night has stopped your desires on getting the Deuce back home. What a trooper. Pics when you thaw out in February.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a springer seat, that back cushion is about twice as thick as it need be. Instant and measurable leg room. Once you get home, search pedal adjustment, might be worth it for you too.

Windows, I used a product called backer bar. Its round foam in different diameters used to fill the gaps in caulk joints, especially self leveling caulk. Wedge it an and tape it up.

On the subjects of windows and such, why the deuce was ever made without inside wipers is beyond me. You really need them on both sides of the glass. One key component I've found for deuce ownership, especially after dark is a head mounted flashlight. Sure, I look like a doofus driving but function over form every time.

f8617

I hurt,...the tips of my fingers...the ends of my toes...got through Atlanta...In the ice storm...everything is covered in ice...being on the verge of tears for the last 20 hours. This last leg will be hard, and by far the coldest...
I'm glad you made it home, but this sounds like the onset of frostbite and a serious muscle spasm injury.

Flyingvan911

Deuce are a bunch of fun. Congrats on owning one. On the bright side your new deuce ran like a top. Two tires, a broken Jack and an alternator are small potatos compared to having a wrecker tow your deuce.

Jeeperjoe

Glad to see another member from MN where about in st paul are you? im north of you a little ways looking for an m1078 or 923 in the near future, good luck on the last leg of the trip

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's been 36 hours from his last post, and he was 20 hours from home. Just wondering if he made it home safe.

Flanjan

I'm an idiot and don't know how to post from my phone haha. I made it home, but went back to work the next day. I'll be posting some pics here soon. Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Flanjan

Don't forget fuel treatment to prevent gelling and a spare fuel filter. I would purchase 2 spare new batteries as well.
I actually totally lucked out. The guys who had the truck didn't maintain them any more. I got 2 fuel filters, 2 oil filters, an air filter, and 2 batteries from the guys!

Flanjan

Glad to see another member from MN where about in st paul are you? im north of you a little ways looking for an m1078 or 923 in the near future, good luck on the last leg of the trip
I'm over in Maplewood. I need to start looking for some one in the Midwest with a bed for a deuce. Mine is all cut up!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks