• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV road trip, (not driving)

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I am in need of some suggested points of interest TO ME! I need to take the wife on a trip to somewhere warm this winter and she wants to go to phoenix/Scottsdale AZ, I am fine with that and it will be kind of nice to get out of -20 for a bit! Do you guys have any good Museums/Military museums, or salvage yards with lots of military trucks etc. to see? For that matter anything good that pertains to our chosen hobby HMV related will do! Any and all good ideas will be considered!
Thanks much
Karl

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go a little further south to Tuscon, where you can take the tour of the USAF aircraft graveyard, and Ted's Trucks (on the west side of the runway) somewhere near Google Earth coordinates 32.154178, -110.886251 near as I can remember. Look for the thread using "Teds Trucks, Tuscon" for more info.

lindsey97

I suggest Mt. Lemmon near Tucson. SS member 98G took me there. Pretty cool. Castle Bravo is nearby also.

PM 98G he can probably tell you a few places to visit around Tucson and Phoenix. Bring water and Sunglasses, sun tan lotion and good shoes. Don't ask me why..........

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second the AF graveyard tour. If you are around the Phoenix area on the 28th there is a big Military show on. There is also Falcon Field thats a good time. Get a hold of me if you hit Phoenix I spend my winters in Apache Junction. We met in ND a couple of times. Eddy

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Karl,
The Pima Co Air Museum right outside of Tucson is the place, open to the public, several new buildings, well worth it.
Also, downtown Phoenix, in front of the State Capitol are several military monuments/displays, including a Memorial
for the USS Arizona and its crew, includes gun barrels off the Arizona, impressive and a very solemn place, plenty of parking down there.
-and take your wife to Scottsdale's Old Town, lot of jewelry and leather (boots).
Have fun

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks