• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one thing you will not find, unless extremely lucky, are new parking brake levers.
Cables are still out there, but correct NOS handle assembly’s are basically nonexistent.
They made thousands of these trailers and for whatever reason, no known supply of surplus NOS parking brake handles exist.
Some rough used ones have shown up on eBay, etc.
Never new ones. That I’ve seen anyway.
Luckily mine work, just want new ones as spares.

I can get everything else.
New springs, bushings, tailgate, brakes, drums, fiberglass sides and gates, etc.
Even found a NOS complete surge brake assembly.
The whole thing, pintle ring and all.

Zero luck on new parking brake levers.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

I picked up another M-105a2 for the herd with bows & cover in excellent rebuild condition only 15 miles from home.1989 Pribbs M105a2.jpg Will get to pick it up Monday after the rally in Bellview this weekend.

162.jpg After assembly of everything but the cover.

Last edited:

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Installed a 12,000 BTU portable AC w/heat in the s250 in preparation for the GA rally, also wiring up some LED interior lights. Installed a breaker panel, and started wiring everything. Installed a 30 ft 30a camper whip and wired it into the panel. Next up, a full size air mattress, an exterior LED light, and installing a vise on front of trailer and fold down table on the outside rail.

tobyS

I bought about 6 of them when GL had quantity in Indy. All sold except the frame and axle I'm getting rear suspension for my 4x4 project. Some were fresh rebuilds. They are not going to loose value even at today's prices. Now I have no sales nearby (or the money)...but the ones in FL at GP look exceptionally clean.

FloridaAKM

There are about 70 units left to clear off the lot & they are all in good to excellent rebuild condition. Good luck to those who need one or more while they last.
I bought about 6 of them when GL had quantity in Indy. All sold except the frame and axle I'm getting rear suspension for my 4x4 project. Some were fresh rebuilds. They are not going to loose value even at today's prices. Now I have no sales nearby (or the money)...but the ones in FL at GP look exceptionally clean.

FloridaAKM

If you research the auctions, you will see that the latest lot of trailers come with a mix of wood, fiberglass & metal cover supports. The cover colors also are either tan or solid green & mostly new. To find kits or parts with out a trailer, have to go to the classifieds or a distributer who is not charging unobtanium pricing.
Were do I get them.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought mine on ebay
Brand new and excellent price.
Two complete sets still in factory packages

No clue what price they are now.

Post in classifieds and if no luck eBay

Most online vendors want stupid money for them.
Shipping is usually the killer.

Still worth it though......to a point.

FloridaAKM

Auction ends lately with stupid high prices due to two or more guys that think that the item they are bidding on is the last one available & since the wife is not looking, they bid away till one gets cold feet; hence the insane pricing aftermath we see. Add instant financing from GP & you have the recipe for a happy GP & the rest of us scratching our heads. Stupid money, something to think about that one! :?

tobyS

G'day everyone,....

Well I'd love a complete set of sides, bows and cargo cover for my M105A2.

Aussie.
I don't know how to do it but curved bows on the top would be nice. I hate the water ponding that happens with the std flat top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks