• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes compressor is on board just can't see it in pics. Bad nasty girl is under bed deflated and you said you would not tell anyone that I use it for the on board plasma cutter and bad girl.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Repacked both wheel bearings and replaced wheel cylinders. Inflated girl friend till she started to give me that look like I was a pervert. Deflated her and put her back under the bed.

Landbarger

Picked up an M1102 from a guy in Richmond back in September.
IMG_1571.jpg

Found a utility top on CL around Greensboro and discovered the seller was another MV enthusiast (Even said he'd owned a HET at one point). A little pricier than I wanted, but it was the correct height to sit inside of without stooping and it had windowed barn doors in the rear and they fit inside the opening on the back of the trailer.
IMG_1618.jpg

Swapped it onto the M1102 and removed the ladder rack.
IMG_1619.jpgIMG_1621.jpg

And now I've chopped the back end out of it to get started on modifying the shell to fit the side rails on the trailer.
IMG_1623.jpg

Last night I dropped it off with a good bodywork man to be split down the middle, fit to the trailer, and patched up. Currently trying to decide on how much to lower it...but leaning towards dropping the frame all the way to the axles. It's just going to be a poor man's camper anyway, so I don't think I'm in any danger of loading the torsion axles beyond the clearance I'd have left.

*Still not far enough along to do any 'inflatables' research.

gottaluvit

Did this a while back and thought I would share the idea. I got two M105s last year with the end curtains stitching coming undone. Since these are for use and not restoration I just attached the end curtains to the bows with screws and washers having small center holes. Could paint them so they would be unnoticable but since these are tools I doubt that will happen in my case.

20170206_165545.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
When I worked in restoration we installed some plastic roofing. I think the name of the plastic welder we used was Lister. I think maybe we should look into getting one for the "greater Cincinnati" area. I know I have a tarp or two that could use mending.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_5957.jpg

I washed it.
This one is the ranch workhorse.
Not pretty but solid.
New reflectors, tailgate handles and chains w/covers, new tail lights.
Brakes work great and fluid was pristine. New reservoir cap also
Side racks are new. Only on temporary.

My other one I restored and is all original and looks brand new. It's camouflage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks