• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rebuilt the surge brake assembly on my 101A2. New master cylinder, new shock, new "bearings" (bushings). After all that, the hole to insert a pin to lock out the brake STILL didn't line up. I have no choice but to believe that some of these trailers never had the holes all line up so you could insert a pin all the way through. I had no choice but to drill it out.
Of couse the copper sealing washers on the bolt going into the master cylinder are leaking now, so I need to try and source replacements. Hopefully i can find something locally.
Croft Trailer has the factory copper washers in stock.
That assembly requires two different sizes.
They carry all the factory parts for that Hydro-Act surge brake assembly.

https://www.crofttrailer.com/1760-hydro-act-copper-washer-for-master-cylinder-1-2-id/

I had same issue.
Installed new factory copper washers and problem solved.

shotty

Croft Trailer has the factory copper washers in stock.
That assembly requires two different sizes.
They carry all the factory parts for that Hydro-Act surge brake assembly.

https://www.crofttrailer.com/1760-hydro-act-copper-washer-for-master-cylinder-1-2-id/

I had same issue.
Installed new factory copper washers and problem solved.
Croft has the rearmost washer listed as 9/16. I grabbed a pack from O'reilly's, still too small. I re-anealed and sanded the other one but it still leaked. Slower this time though! Ended up ordering a new bolt, washers, and the little block the brake line connects to, just in case. I don't have time to mess with this thing anymore. Those parts arrive today, hoping to bleed the brakes and be done!

I did go through croft originally and got a new shock and bushings from them.

shotty

You know, I don't know why, but a 9/16 washer still won't for far enough down on the bolt. I just used a 5/8 from a harbor freight washer assortment and it fixed it right up. Of course it's leaking from the flared compression fitting now but it will have to wait to be fixed. Tiny leak and brakes work great so it's gonna stay.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Today I went to a specialty tool store and got a 1.5 inch ring spanner for the lunette nut on my M105A2.

So tomorrow I will learn a whole new family of expletives as I try to remove that nut and Lunette to lubricate it.

Stand by for that Video soon.

Aussie.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,.....

Today I went to a specialty tool store and got a 1.5 inch ring spanner for the lunette nut on my M105A2.

So tomorrow I will learn a whole new family of expletives as I try to remove that nut and Lunette to lubricate it.

Let us know how that turns out....I have a 105 that I still have not got it loose. Penetrant (several brands) heat, breaker bars long as my leg, talking nice to it. Talking mean to it, threats, nothing has worked, no damage yet, just frustration.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the nut is simply to make you think it’s possible to remove the ring. I am fairly certain you could remove the nut (on mine) and tow the trailer fully loaded without worry of the ring coming loose. Ever.

FloridaAKM

I unloaded a 450 lb fuel filter & pressure washed all the algae out & off of one of my M1102 trailers to free it up for use in bring home pallets from GP. Even though there was a tarp over most of the trailer, the bed was full of cedar needles & 3 years worth of growth of algae, that stuff grow anywhere except the underside of CARC painted surfaces. It took a good soaking & then 3500 psi with a 15 degree tip to clean it back to the way it looked when I brought it home, that & two hours of work.

Dock Rocker

Going to use my 1102 for a camping excursion next weekend. It’s going to be kind of a proof of concept for a bigger build out.

Put some LED’s and a temporarily installed 12v battery.
IMG_5271.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well done Aussie, got further than I have. Keep us posted. Thought your trail would flip on it's side like mine did.....

Dock Rocker

I'll be happy to sent you some of our cold weather to really test your endurance. We'll just slice off another piece of that polar vortex for ya and send it your way.

Yea. I generally don’t camp if it’s colder than 40°. It almost made it to that. I had my heater buddy blazing!

Southerners suck at cold camping BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks