• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

TobyS you can send some of that my way if you like,....

Its been in the high 30's to mid 40's deg C here,....

I had my Deuce out this weekend to see about doing its service and it was to darned hot to bother after weeks of it.

If you can arrange for it to be delivered for next weekend, that would be great.

Thanks mate!

Aussie.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4BD32871-A9F2-4B83-B37A-22A7345C6F35.jpg

Closed the front and back gates and it was ready to receive empty concrete bags.

We were installing new fencing and it was a windy day.
As we emptied the bags, they were tossed in trailer so they wouldn’t blow away.
Worked like a charm.

Trailer gets painted this summer.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G'day everyone,....

TobyS you can send some of that my way if you like,....

Its been in the high 30's to mid 40's deg C here,....

Aussie.

Sorry, we are dealing with the wrong pole...no can do.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t know how much this weighed, but try to find a commercial, single axle, lightweight utility trailer that can do this 15 times in a day.

The tongue on this trailer is light and constructed well. The C-channel with a plate welded on the open side gives the tongue a lot of strength.

4BB8CBAD-3336-476C-A743-6AF75A04B028.jpg

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buffalobwana, have you ever made rock walls with stones like that? I bought a (Lowes) small cement mixer just for the purpose. They looked at me funny when I wanted a trailer with 1/2 pea gravel and half washed sand at the pit. I hope your rocks were not dumped out of a loader....dented my dump trailer pretty bad and I learned to put a bed of finer stuff under them.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hochimin , a member, brought home a M-1101 camo painted trailer to keep his Hummvee company. Maybe he will post a picture of it here today.
A humvee without an 1101/2 is like a dog without a tail.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toby,

Never built a wall, but I do have a cement mixer that goes on the PTO of my tractor. I have sand/gravel pits on the ranch, so I just buy Portland and mix cement myself.

Well, actually I sit in the AC cab and dump the concrete after my guys shovel it into the mixer. Makes for cheap concrete for small projects.

I used the chassi from a water buffalo trailer to make a dump trailer to haul the sand gravel up to the house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks