• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

lfhoward

worked on making the fiberglass box fit properly. Picked it up on Craigslist cheap, had to modify a couple of the stiffeners in the bed, and moved the tail lights up. Now to work on the inside and build some kind of steps for getting in and out. Ideas for that? Thanks
Nice camper! I use a short step ladder that I can fold up and store under the bed. You can just see it in this pic:
996574-D1-37-CC-45-B8-8-EBA-17052296-AD6-C.jpg
Here is the model of ladder I have:
werner-step-ladders-150b-64_1000.jpg

Info here: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-...d-Capacity-Type-IA-Duty-Rating-150B/100658398

Another Ahab

worked on making the fiberglass box fit properly. Picked it up on Craigslist cheap, had to modify a couple of the stiffeners in the bed, and moved the tail lights up. Now to work on the inside and build some kind of steps for getting in and out. Ideas for that? Thanks
Nice looking work.

Lots of options for retractable steps out there, here's a link to one style out there:

https://www.buyersproducts.com/product/retractable-truck-step-777

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The retaining wall along my driveway wasn't retaining itself anymore, so I used my trailer to haul home a half yard of gravel, then 2000# of block, then another half yard of gravel. I could feel that 2K pounds behind me, made the Hemi work for a change.

Attachments

Another Ahab

The retaining wall along my driveway wasn't retaining itself anymore, so I used my trailer to haul home a half yard of gravel, then 2000# of block, then another half yard of gravel.
That's nice looking work!

Got a pic of just one of the block lying around still?

Like how do those blocks interlock, some kind of slot-and-key?

Kflash

Need help!! Just bought a Canadian M101 trailer (1/4 ton trailer).

I am missing one of the outer spindle washers that goes between the outer bearing and the castle nut.

Any idea of the size I need?

Thanks101 1.jpg

Another Ahab

Any idea of the size I need?
I don't know but somebody here is likely to chime in soon enough with help.

And looks like your first post, so for record, welcome around the corner to you from right here in the grand old Commonwealth of Virginia.

Nice trailer by the way, what are your plans?

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kflash....."Any idea of the size I need?"

Why not just take the cap off and measure the diameter of the shaft. Since you know it's missing, you must have access. Most hardwares have thin machine washers.

maineoffroad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1101 camper finally done
Here is my m1101 camper took it out for its first trip to northern maine trout fishing and everything went to plan and even caught lots of trout
IMG_20190706_090015683.jpgIMG_20190720_105720283.jpgIMG_20190720_105629247.jpgIMG_20190428_130135486_HDR.jpgIMG_20190527_154219617.jpgIMG_20190406_142758364.jpgIMG_20190720_105641753.jpgIMG_20190720_105641753.jpg

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job. They really are a useful trailer. Sounds like your having fun with the fishing.

Check out the tongue. "In progress" is when I discovered the 3" was not thick enough and I needed shims.

Attachments

maineoffroad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks good very close to what i did i keeped the ring and wanted to keep the surge brakes mine weight just over 2000 lbs

maineoffroad

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks oh yeah brookies we caught 12 13 inch little over a lb one guy had one 15 in over 1.5 lbs football lots of fun on a 4 wt fly rod and in kayaks

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pressure washed the M1101 this afternoon, and got very wet doing so.

The Pacific Northwet has been doing its thing, and the trailer had a layer of brown mold. All the tie-down pockets were full if dirt, so much so you could barely pull the rings up.

I managed to blow all the GovPlanet decals and residue off as well, most of it anyway.

Karl2500

Today I pulled my MKT about 60 miles on some back country 2 lane. I spent the last week feeding 30ish Sea Cadets and their leaders at a Project Appleseed bootcamp. The surface of the sun would have been a reprieve from the heat but the vent fan really helped. The trailer did great, the griddle was used every meal and worked great. It was great to be able to cook 20 pounds of pasta and not even use half the pot. It did just what I needed it to.
I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago this was it's first time out. I converted the brakes to electric over hydraulic and it worked great. I pulled it with my Dodge ram no problem. I did flip the pintle

robson1015

Today I pulled my MKT about 60 miles on some back country 2 lane. I spent the last week feeding 30ish Sea Cadets and their leaders at a Project Appleseed bootcamp. The surface of the sun would have been a reprieve from the heat but the vent fan really helped. The trailer did great, the griddle was used every meal and worked great. It was great to be able to cook 20 pounds of pasta and not even use half the pot. It did just what I needed it to.
I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago this was it's first time out. I converted the brakes to electric over hydraulic and it worked great. I pulled it with my Dodge ram no problem. I did flip the pintle
How bout some pics Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks