• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Karl, appears that the rightmost MBU is a conversion from an earlier V-100 model, the middle one is an original V-103. Did you have experience on the MKT in service? I had to learn everything from scratch.

Mike

Another Ahab

Looks good Karl, appears that the rightmost MBU is a conversion from an earlier V-100 model, the middle one is an original V-103. Did you have experience on the MKT in service? I had to learn everything from scratch.

Funny thing about peoples:

- Just put on the hat

Just like that, everybody trusts that you know what you're doing!!

AAA.jpg

Last edited:

Karl2500

Thanks Mike, yep I'm learning all from scratch. I have a thumb drive but haven't sent it ot you yet hopefully tonight. It was missing the corner struts and I didn't even know what to look for, I ended up welding some bolts into square tube to make it work��. This thing is fun but I don't even know what I need to know yet. Thank for the info on the conversion, is there anything I should do different for one or the other?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checked tire pressure and brake fluid on both my M101A2’s.
Haven’t used either one in a while.
Also made sure no wasp nest hiding anywhere.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled a 101 out of storage and cleaned it up in prep for painting, only to discover that it’s probably one of the nicest of the four that I own!

I’m seriously reconsidering which one of my 4 children I am going to keep. :)

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Expedition

Brought our M116A1 Pioneer tool trailer home and gave it a pressure washing. Very good, rust free condition. Missing a few items and has a civilian axle swap, but nothing we can't replace or improve.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Scored a cheap M989a1, going to swing by and recover it on the way home with the shiny new MTVR (when the euc clears) this trailer will replace my extended m105a2 on m35a3 wheels with an s250 which will be up for sale soon; and it will receive a 20ft connex container that’ll be turned into a mini-house we’ll use to camp out of IMG_2366.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scored a cheap M989a1, going to swing by and recover it on the way home with the shiny new MTVR (when the euc clears) this trailer will replace my extended m105a2 on m35a3 wheels with an s250 which will be up for sale soon; and it will receive a 20ft connex container that’ll be turned into a mini-house we’ll use to camp out of View attachment 775803
At least you will have a truck that can handle that trailer without problems.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s a very heavy trailer and built like a tank.
When I had my M925A2, it handled my M989A1 decently enough.
Just had to watch tight turns.
It didn’t have the tongue extension and they would barely make contact with each other in a tight turn.

4C6DFA69-CE25-4027-ABA2-9495C465392B.jpg

FloridaAKM

I scored another M105a2 rebuilt trailer last week & brought it home yesterday. It is in great condition with new tires, paint & cover. The problem I have is that for the life of me, I cant get the side posts to insert all the way into the bed. In the past, a BFH & a block of hardwood would suffice to get everything driven home. This unit is a problem, that & it has two right cargo sides.

After several hours of trying to get the posts driven in, I am still 15" shy of bottoming them out & have destroyed several 2x4 blocks of wood in the process. This trailer will probably donate its new top to another of my 105s & have a very tall headroom with a tarp over it instead of the standard tarp. ;-( .

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used my green M101A2 the last few days.
Fairly heavy loads over horrendous Rural roads.
Once parked and disconnecting it from the M1008A1, I discovered both frame bolts on right side, under surge brake assembly, were loose.
Could spin both by hand loose.
Left side was fine.

Quick hit with the impact wrench fixed that issue.
I had checked these when I restored the trailer years ago, but I guess the heavy loads with all the bumping and twisting caused it.
A quick check of the rest of the frame bolts and all was fine.

A more detailed check will be preformed before next use

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks