• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know how to do it but curved bows on the top would be nice. I hate the water ponding that happens with the std flat top.
I have 6 1”x4”s spaced apart on top, under tarp, to prevent ponding.
Works great, cheap and easily removable for transit.

Some guys permanently mount them to the bow tops I’ve read.

tobyS

Yes, that helps for the bigger stuff, but the pockets just seem smaller with the longitudinal pieces. I don't have the indoor space so need it to drain completely. I tried the strips too. Maybe I'll put a couple of bows in the middle and leave the ends flat.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have them on a M101A2

It’s been working like a champ, especially with the tons of rain we’ve had lately.

computer54

Auction ends lately with stupid high prices due to two or more guys that think that the item they are bidding on is the last one available & since the wife is not looking, they bid away till one gets cold feet; hence the insane pricing aftermath we see. Add instant financing from GP & you have the recipe for a happy GP & the rest of us scratching our heads. Stupid money, something to think about that one! :?
You said it right.

tobyS

Making the M1101 that I cut for the S788 shelter into a weld trailer. I am lengthening the tongue 16" and made it 3.5" lower. There will be another 1/2" plate across the top of the tongue piece to weld a better jack, one with extendable foot but no wheel.

I'm deciding what to do on a steel top.

Edit...in case anyone thinks an exactly 3" tube is the same width as the tongue and 2 plates on the 1101-2....it's not. If I don't put a 1/16" spacer between the new tube and the welded on plate, it will draw up when welded and not go on the tongue tube with side plates. Similarly, the surge brake unit must have 1/16" steel plate shim. I need a more accurate measuring eye when I start this stuff.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Making the M1101 that I cut for the S788 shelter into a weld trailer. I am lengthening the tongue and made it 3.5" lower. There will be another 1/2" plate across the top of the tongue piece to weld a better jack, one with extendable foot but no wheel.

Im deciding what to do on a steel top.
Well you definitely don’t have to worry about enough tongue weight anymore.

Dock Rocker

I drug a new one home from the Georgia Rally. I am thinking this one might turn into a little covert camper setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1101 is just as sexy as they get. The 101 is the girl next door, with the ponytails and freckles, but the 1101 is the blond cheerleader who also is on the 400 meter relay and can pole vault while out drinking you the night before.

Dock Rocker

The 1101 is just as sexy as they get. The 101 is the girl next door, with the ponytails and freckles, but the 1101 is the blond cheerleader who also is on the 400 meter relay and can pole vault while out drinking you the night before.
That’s hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tobyS

That one was the ugly duckling $200 special when nobody would bid version...blond, but really abused. She cleaned up nice and has a straight floor.

Welder is probably 450-500# and it's forward, so the tongue is much heavier and thus gets a heavy, fixed position jack (mounted on 1/2" plate). I had dreams of one of the new Diesel welders/generators but will use my gas Hobart...it's trailer is an old Ranger that feels like if I went around the corner too fast, would roll. This CG is lower.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

Nope, that ain't happening again. Got shed of mine over 10 years ago & never looked back. If she was still around, I would have nothing, no house, no trucks & trailers, no guns. Some things are meant to be rented, not bought. ;-).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks