• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

FloridaAKM

I've towed both the M-105a2's & the M-1102's with a Toyota Tacoma & the Deuce, The M-1102's from Atlanta, Ga to Gainesville, Fl with no problems, but you knew they were back there due to sheer size. The M105a2's came from Jacksonville NAS to home & you knew they were there when it came to stopping, starting & anything else. The Deuce & the LMTV thought there was a tick behind them & you didn't even know any of the trailer were there. I have to go pickup a M-1082 later this summer from Albany & I will know that is back behind the Deuce except for sailing down the highway. Stopping should be no problem with the airbrakes connected, starting off should not be too bad either. Back to your regularly scheduled program.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Was there a reason for doing that or you just having fun?definitely a good time to paint.
Lazy way of unloading.
That's a funky looking skid-steer that I never saw before, nice design.
Who is the manufacturer, and how is the performance compared to a Bobcat?
International Harvester circa 1970. Weight is about 4700 lbs. Has factory ROP and 1000 lb counterweight. Crude suspension (sides rotate on trunnion). Hydro-static is complex and rather poorly designed. Wisconsin VH4D puts out 30 HP. Scary to operate with few safety aspects. I have had it for 25y and consider it a problem child, one you learn to love. Name is BoB, as in Bobcat wannabe, not real smart but name backwards reads same. Powerful lifter. Have moved rocks up to 5K. Nice loader and grader. They made a 3200B with a few improvements. Apparently IH skid steers were a short lived endeavor, probably for good reasons.
That's a BIG hunk of rock, how'd you even get that thing in the trailer?
Big quarry loader. My pal has been fetching rocks for his wall these last 3 weeks. A local quarry was bought and the new owners may not do small loads so we are sticking up. He git about 30 rocks so far. The min load is $20 which is about two 1700lb rocks. Worth that just to have the loader sort and load them.
Also a few other pics.

Attachments

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have some serious load weight in those pics and the tires aren't breaking a sweat.

Love to see a trailer actually getting used.

zanther

Finally got my M116A3 tagged this week and installed the tag before heading to work this morning. I'm using it this weekend to grab a 48" rototiller for my tractor.
20170803_141607871_iOS.jpg

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You cannot stop at the home center with this trailer and not get compliments. When I mention how much I paid for the $8000 trailer, $750 minus the $400 I got for the humvee wheels, minus the $300 I saved by picking up a yard of gravel (vs delivery) and they're left scratching their heads. :p

Picked up a load of lumber for the garden shed. I probably could have stuffed it all uncomfortably into the M1009 but the trailer makes it easy. :cool:

Attachments

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turned my M116A3 into a flatbed. Courtesy of a large shipping pallet a local business listed for free on Craigslist. Not pretty, but it will work and enable me to use it for the upcoming Graves Mountain Rally. It will be nice to not have to transfer belongings and supplies between the tent and HMMWV to use one or the other. Still have to open and inspect the wheel bearings and brakes, but am not expecting bad news as she seems pretty solid.

Picture. Also shows how much leftover wood I had. Also two pounds of nails, sheesh my back hurts from pulling them all. Thankfully the wood was wetted, which made the nails pull out easier.

Bulldogger

IMG_0420.jpg

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good bulldogger and should hold up well. Note that if you paint and use the acrylic latex, like Behr, that over time it lets water penetrate and rust to form under it on the steel if there is not a rust inhibitive primer under it (even a light coat works).

Wire Fox

I started looking at an M1102 and an M101A3 trailer... looks like the A3 will probably come to me cheaper than the 1102 can, but the 1102 will go beautifully with my HMMWV. What do you guys think?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks