• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

gottaluvit

Also repaired a leaky schraeder valve on a M105A2, put 37" tires back on two of my M1101/02s that I had small tires on (but got tired of the silly look), and broke free all four stuck brakes on my M1082s (from pressure washing and not driving immediately afterwards to chase off the water) with my five ton, tugging forward and rearward until they popped loose.

Gimpyrob Thank I will run these for now . I like the look of the glass lens and these I can see if they are working in the day time.

FloridaAKM

I'm waiting for my M-1082 to come home so I can get started to make sure she is totally road worthy to make into a tag along camper. Several members here have been a great help herding her toward her new home in Florida. Kudos to you guys as top notch members.

FloridaAKM

Your Drash support trailer reminds me of the Base-X 203 that is residing in the back of my Deuce. They would pair up well on a camping trip, just bring lots of fuel for the A/C's you have to have here in the Florida summer weather.

therooster2001

Did you tow it home with the Mini?
HA! Nope, it looks like Simp is helping me out by getting it of NC, and then at least to Memphis, maybe more. Sadly, the MINI probably couldn't do this one (well not rated for it...)

Your Drash support trailer reminds me of the Base-X 203 that is residing in the back of my Deuce. They would pair up well on a camping trip, just bring lots of fuel for the A/C's you have to have here in the Florida summer weather.
My plan exactly. CO which is probably just as hot in the summer, but without the humidity. A few years ago we had 65 straight days of over 90. Thats a good record,and not something you'd expect out of Colorado. (fun fact of the day). At 108 degrees inside our house the first year we were here, we got AC.
The Base-X that is awaiting generator / AC / heating awesomeness. Can't wait to show up the fellow campers...
IMG_2335.jpg

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled my M1101 50 miles to Ikea to get a new couch. The box was just long enough that the tailgate wouldn't close. Then I pulled it 50 miles home. Then I started deboxing and found the center section was broke bad. aua Ikea's centralized customer service says return the whole thing which will ruin the parts that are good because I don't have the boxes anymore and I'll have to pig-pile them back into the trailer and strap them down.... for another 100 mile round trip. I'll call the local store and see if they'll let me swap the center section.

Attachments

NEIOWA

Pulled my M1101 50 miles to Ikea to get a new couch. The box was just long enough that the tailgate wouldn't close. Then I pulled it 50 miles home. Then I started deboxing and found the center section was broke bad. aua Ikea's centralized customer service says return the whole thing which will ruin the parts that are good because I don't have the boxes anymore and I'll have to pig-pile them back into the trailer and strap them down.... for another 100 mile round trip. I'll call the local store and see if they'll let me swap the center section.
Something about "IKEA" and Milspec trailer just doesn't conflate. (Or driving 100mi to buy a sofa.)

therooster2001

Got it on Saturday, and power washed it today. It had the North Carolina green funk on it, with a TON of mud. Kaboom and Krud Cutter works great, as well as a power washer and a green scrub pad. Found that the trailer light cable is a little too dry rotted for me, so ordered a replacement. Will be hooking up to the 5 ton, so researching the lunette height and problems flipping it. And I know this is trailer, but the Applied generator is getting oil, fuel and air filter changes this week. I got snagged by a honey-do call back, so wasn't able to finish today. Was happy about all of the little things that were on the trailer. AC covers, grounding rods, etc. Did find out that they drained a lot of fluids, but not all of it (odd). 1/8 of a tank of diesel, 1 gallon of oil, who knows how little coolant. Getting the trailer was a bit fun. It got delivered on a step deck and after helping the driver unload, backed up the 5 ton to grab it off the top. 5 ton is 8.2 feet wide, trailer is 8.5.

IMG_9427.jpgIMG_9424.jpg

And those who have no idea what the NC green funk is, here's a good pict of before.

734593_6465_287_0001.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks