• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your trailer today.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the trailer out on the interstate for a speed run with the new (used) wheels and tires. Before I left I dropped the pintle one notch on the riser plate and that seems to be level now. The trailer pulled nice, no sway and only a little bounce between 40 and 45MPH; other than that you could hardly tell it was there. The Hemi had no trouble passing other cars with the (empty) trailer.

Attachments

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took the trailer out on the interstate for a speed run with the new (used) wheels and tires. Before I left I dropped the pintle one notch on the riser plate and that seems to be level now. The trailer pulled nice, no sway and only a little bounce between 40 and 45MPH; other than that you could hardly tell it was there. The Hemi had no trouble passing other cars with the (empty) trailer.
That's looks much better than I thought it would with regular sized wheels and tires on it.
Do you have a pic of the rear showing both tires in the pic?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Updated patch avatar? :beer:[/QUOTE

Just a unit patch. The other one is our unit crest

Looking for a pic that shows the rear of trailer where you can see both tires in same pic.
Like your driving behind it.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Replaced the rest of the boards on my M322 had a rash of SEEs with no wheels and the rotors are heck on wood. Replaced those 4 a few months back after a forklift operator needed to take some frustration out on my trailer. I will probably rhinoliner the wood tomorrow if its not raining

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally sold my M989A1 HEMAT trailer today.
Delivered it for the guy who bought it locally.

Man that is a heavy trailer.
Tows great, stops great, starting out you definitely know it's there.

I will not miss it.

srodocker

Buddy has tons of 1200s so easy to get those. The 395s are defiantly trailer only tires and not under to much of a load should be put on them heh. There older tires and been sitting awhile.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_6460.jpgIMG_6462.jpg

Finally installed NOS gates on back and front.
The front gate will be very nice and handy!!

Next project, besides installing the new free-back brake assembly's, is to paint the trailer CARC green.
Its time.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Put new jacks on my trailer finally and ditched the old JOST setups. I welded them on with some angle iron with my old Idealarc 250. Then I let my 8yr old have at it on the exterior welds. I bought him a little 140 Hobart mig the other day. He is getting better just takes some time. and just like me, he has no patience. Added another toolbox to replace the one that got smashed. and installed some vertical brackets to hold the double stack spare tires. I also hooked both wheels together with 7/8" all thread with nuts on each end and Also added a locking chain inside of it that goes out the bottom. they shouldn't move. It has a centering piece of metal in the middle of it as well. The top one is my truck spare 395 and the bottom one is a 365/80/20 XZL that is a trailer spare.

Next up is hydraulic rams for lifting the 300lb ramps. 5x10 I Beam with 14 cleats that are 3" x 3" 3/8" Angle. Oh yeah they are 24" wide inside and 9ft long. Need a little help sometimes.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Put new jacks on my trailer finally and ditched the old JOST setups. I welded them on with some angle iron with my old Idealarc 250. Then I let my 8yr old have at it on the exterior welds. I bought him a little 140 Hobart mig the other day. He is getting better just takes some time. and just like me, he has no patience.
What you say reminded me of the welding instructor I had W-A-Y back in the day. He had been a quality control welding inspector for the Alaska oil pipeline.

He told all of us in his class that he noticed that the welds done by women welders (there were a number of them apparently working the pipeline) were consistently better than the average weld.

His conclusion was that they were generally more patient than most of the men. He was telling that because he always was pounding into us to be patient-and-methodical. That was the welding mantra he drilled into us.

That's it. The End

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put new jacks on my trailer finally and ditched the old JOST setups. I welded them on with some angle iron with my old Idealarc 250. Then I let my 8yr old have at it on the exterior welds. I bought him a little 140 Hobart mig the other day. He is getting better just takes some time. and just like me, he has no patience. Added another toolbox to replace the one that got smashed. and installed some vertical brackets to hold the double stack spare tires. I also hooked both wheels together with 7/8" all thread with nuts on each end and Also added a locking chain inside of it that goes out the bottom. they shouldn't move. It has a centering piece of metal in the middle of it as well. The top one is my truck spare 395 and the bottom one is a 365/80/20 XZL that is a trailer spare.

Next up is hydraulic rams for lifting the 300lb ramps. 5x10 I Beam with 14 cleats that are 3" x 3" 3/8" Angle. Oh yeah they are 24" wide inside and 9ft long. Need a little help sometimes.
New deck, jacks, toolbox-Not even going to recognize you next time!

RobM36A2

Bought a Dutch ex-army trailer. A Saris 10 KN.
The whole trailer is almost like new. A very small cut in the tarp, that gets repaired on thursday by a company here in town.
Brakes are good, bearings are good, even all the lichts work. Well, the tail lights didn't work, but is getting repaired today.
Following some pic's of my new toy

Foto 25-06-17 13 46 26.jpg Foto 25-06-17 16 54 03.jpg Saris-10KN-back.jpg

And of course the reason why my tail lights didn't work:

Trailer wiring.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks