• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for 1/10sh scale cab only

Brake Weight

Are there any scale truck cabs similar to the M35A2 available? Something like this Cross RC but just a cab and maybe a bed...and a lot cheaper.

http://www.cross-rc.com/

I'm wanting to build a scale looking RC crawler but more capable than the real counterpart. I've got a running chassis and will make the wheelbase suit the truck. US, Russian, British, Swedish, doesn't really matter at this point because I've looked all over the internet and must be searching the wrong keywords or they don't exist.

Last edited:

Jeeperjoe

i can not help you find one, ive been looking for a long time as well, why not go custom built with like styrene flat stock and cut and built to spec?

Brake Weight

There's a few Unimog bodies out there in lexan and hard bodies. I've seen a few 1/10 3D printed bodies on fleaBay and Shapeways but they're costly and heavy.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried contacting the eBay seller of that model to see if you could purchase just a body? Looks like he's a dealer that sells a lot of parts so he might have a uncompleted body kit.

Brake Weight

Have you tried contacting the eBay seller of that model to see if you could purchase just a body? Looks like he's a dealer that sells a lot of parts so he might have a uncompleted body kit.
I got in trouble for the live auction link I used as a reference and replaced it with the Cross website.

I haven't directly contacted anyone. I found some of the Cross bodies at a Euro vendor and they were pricey then the shipping was, too.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're pretty cool looking (I especially like the MAN style 6x6) but you've got to really want one to spend that kind of money.

Brake Weight

I looked a little further and found what I needed to know. The cross bodies are expensive and too narrow for the scx10 axles I wanted to use. The first link shows some measurements and at 193mm tire center to tire center wide, it's not wide enough.

I found a full body minus the canvas for $300+91 shipping.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cro...id=bb768390-ea69-42d1-aefe-c50063f577b7&tpp=1

Canvas was another $80 or so.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-1...id=bb768390-ea69-42d1-aefe-c50063f577b7&tpp=1

Last edited:

Brake Weight

I know. It's the closest I can find so far. I didn't realize static models near 1/10 scale are rare. Even more rare for military vehicles. I did find a 1/6 Jeep that may work on a set of ar60s I have. Specs for these are nearly nonexistent. May as well get a lexan GMade Jeep body and be done going that route. I'll keep randomly looking as the urges come and go.

Jeeperjoe

I'm totally with you, I've been wanting to make my scx10 into a 6x6 m35 or 923 for a long time but just can't find the cab... im going to end up making one scratch built very soon

Last edited:

Brake Weight

The Cross bodies are showing up the big auction site for about $85...plus the same in shipping. So maybe they'll be getting a little more cheaper sooner than later.

Brake Weight

Update for a 1:16.

Found this one last night and ordered it. It's cheap and has cheap electronics. But is leaf sprung and looks like it has metal channel chassis rails. Cool scale body and appears to be LED headlights already installed. For the price the body is worth that to me. Now to wait for them to come back in stock and in my hands so I can get proper measurements. I'm hoping something like an ECX Temper can be a donor of axles and tranny.

I haven't been this excited about an RC in a long time. Sure hope they get off back order soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks