• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery done, I-71 columbus, Oh to southeast Indiana.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I am driving the 5 ton home tomorrow.
M931a2 out of Columbus, Ohio to southeast Indiana just west of Cincinnati, Ohio. I wasn't able to procure transportation for a reasonable cost and have no choice but to self recover. I am posting this to alert anybody along the way if I run into any difficulty.
I am hoping for a nice, smooth, uneventful ride, but we all know how Mr.Murphy likes to rear his head when you aren't looking.

Fingers Crossed! :driver:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Call if you have issues. Pretty sure the deuce can be shaken out of hibernation if you run into problems.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alert is over. Brought it home with no muss, no fuss. Tucked away out back of the shed and all is good.

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well done and well procured. post up a picture or three..perhaps a journey description too?

Thanks for posting the photo Gimp. I can't download from my phone to the site.

Dmetalmiki,
The trip was pretty uneventful except for all of the rain. I had forgotten how much some of these trucks leak.
The weather was, as I said, rainy but temperature was between 62 and 66 degrees for the entire day which made it a lot more comfortable. Only 2 spots of highway construction thr entire trip which is a minor miracle in itself as Ohio highways seem to perpetually be under reconstruction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks