• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody have a cheaper alternative for a flu419 brake master?

bigburb

Picked up a flu419 a few weeks back and the brakes and clutch masters were full of water. Got lucky and the $80 clutch master was able to be saved but the $750 dollar brake master has some pits and bad seals. As much as the kit costs and the pits I would rather find a master. There has to be a better source for these.

bigburb

Not yet. I have a pair flu419s. One has 1 of the 3 ears broke and my other one has the end of the master broke. I may try and get the broken ear rebuilt but would like a replacement.

Speedwoble

I have been working with Karp's brake service in California. I sent mine in to have it sleeved with Stainless steel. However, the problem we have run into is one of the seals is unavailable. The OD can be matched, but he cannot match the ID of the seal. The solution is to turn down the piston, but we have avoided that so far. He could also sleeve the Cyl and buy a Mercedes rebuild kit, but the cost would then be similar to a new master cylinder. I need to give the guy a call and make sure he still has my parts...

Edit 26 Jan- I talked to Karp's today and he is still on the hunt for the seal that is needed to rebuild these. I will update if I have any new progress.

Last edited:
An update for you guys on these. MB is currently worldwide back order on these. Some question as to when or if they will be coming back online. I just spent 3 weeks in Belgium and spent a LOT of time trying to source this item. Ended up getting 2...one out of France, one out of Belgium. Not a single MB dealer had one in Germany. Anyways, I ended up ordering up 50 pieces from a quality OEM manufacturer. Delivery is 8-10 weeks from 2.7.2017 when the order was placed. I expect the price on these to be in the sub $500 range when they come in.

Cheers,

Scott

Currently delivering MB boxed units. (In Stock) German OEM can't tell time!..........I have the sneaking suspicion these will not happen at this point. (we requested our deposit back.)

Their are four basic options when it comes to the 406/416/419 Masters.

2 x Drum Brake Units - 1 is single circuit (1 Brake Line attaches) and 1 is Dual Circuit (2 Brake Lines attach.) The Dual circuit drum brake master is the MOST EXPENSIVE of all of the 4 masters.

2 x Disc Brake Units - The original SEE unit, (Dis-continued) and the standard dual circuit master cylinder. These 2 disc brake units are interchangeable in operation on the SEE's. The drum brake units are definitely not.

In regards to Mogger7's offer of a new master for $125......if it is a disc brake unit, someone here would be wise to jump all over it! Fast!

Cheers,

Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks