• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 LA rally

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a wide open air show to the general public. In my conversations today, it appeared background checks will not be required. There will be 1000's of folks there.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll probably be there in a CUCV + trailer or M925 + trailer. Historically, most folks have to head out early on Sun to return home, so a Sunday convoy and display may be iffy.

For the park, I had to dig into the LA statutes to get the park rules. Pets, firearms and alcohol are allowed with some restrictions in the park. There are prohibitions about selling stuff in the park, so we'd probably have to get written permission from the park manager for the swap meet. Should be no issue.

View attachment Bayou Segnette Rules.pdf

Personally, I would not attempt to bring pets, firearms or alcohol to the air show on the base.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Absolutely no go with firearms or booze on air base! Quick way to visit a brand new state of the art under utilized lock up (jail) on the Miss River in Plaquemines Parish.

I did not formally ask as I figured swaps/donations would be among "friends" and friends can give each other "gifts/donations" to keep things simple. :)

winfred

i am in barring unforeseen failure of the 109a3, and if that takes a dump my 3/4 ton suburban that is ugly enough it looks like its exmilitary

profo

I would love to go so put me in only thing is if my not to spec m927 would be allowed in the truck show area it is not original I could trailer duece and take it to show in needed! Also is everyone staying at campground at night or at field if I am reading the post correctly!
Marty

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would love to go so put me in only thing is if my not to spec m927 would be allowed in the truck show area it is not original I could trailer duece and take it to show in needed! Also is everyone staying at campground at night or at field if I am reading the post correctly!
Marty
Marty, you are in. No 100% original requirement or anything like that.

I made the formal ask in writing Fri. Just waiting for the official ok dokie :)

Csm Davis

Hey guys how did I miss this? This sounds great, but have a question about the static display will we be there continually or come in before show and leave after each day? Also did y"all ask about us just doing the complete rally at the base? Never been to Bellchase but most bases could and will accommodate functions like us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i wish we could spend the whole weekend there. juan has asked but no reply back from those in charge. we need everyone to chim in with more thoughts on which direction to go

Last edited:

winfred

i wanna hit the meet/greet swap friday if thats on, and ill will be watching when fat albert does the jato roll out whatever day thats on, beyond that i am down for amusement as i am taking my vacation to attend

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have official word that we are sanctioned and welcome to participate. We will be allocated runway/tarmac space so will need you guys to keep replying and letting me know you are going and what mv/trailer you are bringing. We are welcome both days.

I suspect you will have to convoy in and will not allow stragglers in separately but you could leave early if needed. Work in progress and I will keep us up to date as developments happen and policy(s) are set. This is as new to them as to us. Joint effort :)

Logistics of when and where to meet and security checks are to be worked out.

Jeff,
I did not ask for space there as I figured they are beyond busy to host and let us camp there. They do have a small rv lot but anyone with a military id can camp there and I suspect they would not give that space out on a prime weekend which is a huge draw for them nationwide. The base is small and primarily reserve & Guard components from all branches and homeland. Not a huge active duty presence day to day I think. Maybe we can work on that for next air show if everything is a positive experience for everyone.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have reserved 81 camp site with electric I'll set up a couple tents on it for us to get under and around. I'll bring my portable cooking gear and a coffee pot. we are getting close and need some imput on who is coming

Last edited:

profo

I am in site 80 coming with truck and M1101 will bring standard cooking stuff too. will bring barbecue pit, crock pot,fire ring, firewood, and burner, etc all small stuff that rides in camper!

Csm Davis

Juan as I read their website they have 7 pavilions at the park 5 medium and 2 larger and count me and Amy in. Are the camper sites big enough for my 931 with a semi trailer behind it?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm afraid I and the CAMO Crew are out of the picture this year.

I have to move my entire business as the State is selling the property we currently occupy and things will get really tight really soon. I've got it all under control but there is just no "play time" available.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Juan as I read their website they have 7 pavilions at the park 5 medium and 2 larger and count me and Amy in. Are the camper sites big enough for my 931 with a semi trailer behind it?

You might have to unhook the tractor and park it next to the trailer as I don't think it has enough depth for both. Standard RV type driveway.

Another Ahab

I'm afraid I and the CAMO Crew are out of the picture this year.

I have to move my entire business as the State is selling the property we currently occupy and things will get really tight really soon. I've got it all under control but there is just no "play time" available.
"Never a Dull Moment" in this world.

Good Luck with all that, Mr. PB. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks