• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 LA rally

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dont know if this rally will be of interest of some but im going to have a great time with those that are coming

turbinesurgun

Trying to figure out sleeping accomodations. Don't have a camper small enough to pull with HMMWV, and afraid to park it outside hotel. May just ride over that morming. What time will convoy be leaving the campground. Look forward to seeing you guys, and tim I love the generator

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you stay at the local hotel you can park your truck in the camp ground with us... we have to be at the gate at the navy base by 700 am

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a Best Western in Westwego maybe 3 miles from Bayou Signette State park. It is on the Westbank Expressway Hwy 90. There is also an Express Suites and Inn right down the street from the Best Western.

I have been assigned a Liason from the navy and I will be doing a site visit in the next few weeks.

Doors to the General Public open at 8 and I think they want us in place before then. I will work that out with the Petty Officer. He indicated to be in place by 7 but not a final determination yet but likely an early am convoy maybe leaving 6ish. It sounds like we will be given entrance via the main front gate. Again all is being worked out but I have gotten nothing but green lights and great responses.

I think it would be helpful if those attending will reply with what mv you are coming with so we can build an inventory as we need to calculate the footprint we will need at the tarmac.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
saturday and sunday but its up to you. you have to come early in order to get in the gate and set up your truck. but you can leave anytime is what im understanding. no coolers in the navy base is what i read in there web page. im guessing they want you to buy from those vending there. so use your own discreation

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
been working on this for 6 months and its looking great. many thanks to juan for all his hard foot work in the field. without him going and having hands on person to person and all the calls he has done for us to make this happen. we will have a great weekend with the best air show on earth. ill be coming in 925a2. i will have a small cooler in the bed if anyone needs to put something in it. i also can have anyone showing up with out a truck ride in the gate with me in the back.

HanksDeuce

List of Steel Soldiers and vehicles coming:

csmdavis = 5 ton
hanksdeuce = M35A2 bobber
juanprado = M998
john spinks = Deuce Gun Truck (Sunday only)
ke5eua = ?
profo = M927 + M1101
timntrucks = 925a2
trailboss = CUCV
turbinesurgun = M998, M35A2, M35A3
winfred = M109A3

Please PM me or post below so that I can keep updating this list.

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
john spinks is coming sunday. his son is getting married that saturday so he cant make it till then, he is bringing his deuce gun truck

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am doing a walk through tomorrow with the Chief assigned to liaison with us and will post the final instructions of when, where, gate, security etc.

Please do reply if you have not with your availability and mv type so we can determine the size of the footprint.

See ya soon!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks