• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 LA rally

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not bringing a trailer, just my USAF flight line van.

I can only be at the park on Friday PM and have to return home after the air show on Sat. :(

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, The Blue Angels & the air show are returning after a 6 year hiatus. This is the New Orleans Air Show at the Belle Chasse Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base with the other services.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
New Orleans Air Show Specifics

We have some prime space in the middle of the action. We are to the right of the middle white canopies on the tarmac for where the ready to go at a moment's notice fighters are normally staged. Please see map. We have been asked to be onsite 7ish before general public admission at 8am on both Sat & Sun.

We will convoy out of the bayou Segnette State park at 6:15Am. We will meet at the road into the park by the visitors hut before the gate so those who were not camping do not have to pay a fee. Let's meet for 6 and roll for 6:15.

For those who are driving in from a different direction, We will meet you at the Navy Federal Credit Union bank parking lot at 7am. This is past the main gate with the blue angel in the median. It is on the corner of Hwy 23 And Concord road which is the road for the commercial/ vendor entrance. Please reply if you will meet us at the credit union so we know who to look out for.

We will than leave as a group as I have your vehicle pass (20) to get you on the runway and to our staging area. At the commercial gate, Security might want to see your registration, insurance, and they recommended 2 forms of ID. ( military, ss card, passport, Driver's License, Etc). As I tell my scouts "Be Prepared!" :)

If you are a straggler for any reason and miss the convoy, Tell them at the commercial entrance you are a exhibitor/vendor. We are listed as a group as "STEEL SOLDIERS" Our Liason, if you have trouble is Chief Jason Marr 504-twotwo ate- ate o27. My cell is 5o4 two ate 9- four tree 18

John, I am getting word / request into security on your .50 cals on the gun truck but my liaison sees no issue. He though best not to bring any propane and all fuel cans empty. I will confirm and keep you informed.

Small coolers are ok in the truck. Might want to bring camp chairs. If you have a popup, that might be nice as we are wide open and exposed if a hot sunny day.

Same drill for Sunday.

For those camping, if you can share your campsites number and when you think you will arrive so we can visit on Fri Evening at the State Park. I am open to leaving for a group dinner, pizza delivery, or ____?

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looking like all the hard work is going to pay off. the air show will be great and with us having a front row seat even better

HanksDeuce

So when are we allowed to leave once we park? Do we have to stay for the entire show? If so, when would that be? If something came up are we allowed to get out sooner? :)

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes juan said you can leave anytime.. would just have to be careful and slow as there will be plenty of people all over the place

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So when are we allowed to leave once we park? Do we have to stay for the entire show? If so, when would that be? If something came up are we allowed to get out sooner? :)
Yes, There is a fire lane on the tarmac. Air show is over at 4. When exiting, leaving by the commercial gate might be the easiest as I imagine the main boulevard and gate will be busy all day.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I can't camp at Bayou Segnette. They require a 2 night minimum and I can only stay one night.:mad: I'll have to forgo the evening camaraderie and just meet y'all in the morning. :(

Which road is the park gate to meet at - Lapalco Blvd or on Drake Rd at Westbank Expwy?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I can't camp at Bayou Segnette. They require a 2 night minimum and I can only stay one night.:mad: I'll have to forgo the evening camaraderie and just meet y'all in the morning. :(

Which road is the park gate to meet at - Lapalco Blvd or on Drake Rd at Westbank Expwy?
Drake Road at westbank Expressway.

I would just camp with Tim and share his space :)

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
trailboss they told me i can have 2 vehicles in my space. wondering if you can share ours?
I figured that I'd come and stay until 10PM as a day visitor anyway, then leave the park for other accommodations for the night.
Then I saw Tim's offer and called him and it looks like I can share his site. :naner: That's why its always nice to have good friends :-D Thanks Tim!!!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had fun Friday night at the park, and Saturday at the Air Show. We lined up 8 former MVs on the ramp in amongst the static display planes and helicopters. There were supposed to be around 150,000 attendees, and our lineup was as popular as the aircraft.

My DSLR camera battery is toast, so I only had a point-and-shoot Canon SX-600 HS to take photos. I'll put up as many as I can.

At the Bayou Segnette State Park, TimNTrucks sharing his space with me, and Profo's campsite.
sm Tim and Me sharing space.jpg Marty camp.jpg
Convoy through the swamp mists Convoy.jpg

Saturday lineup of eight SS FMVs on the Ramp before the crowds built up.
sm SS display 01.jpg sm SS display 02.jpg sm SS display 03.jpg sm SS display 04.jpg
sm SS display 05.jpg sm SS display 06.jpg sm SS display 07.jpg sm SS display 08.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks