• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2017 TX MV Rally

m715mike

We are officially booked at the Off Road Ranch for that weekend.
That's great news!

For those that have not yet attended, here's some general information.

We camp at the Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch (their website >>Camp<<). The gaits will open Friday night, March 24 (nofearnohope will let us know what time). Folks generally filter in all evening and sometimes late into the night. We'll get up and moving Saturday morning, March 25 in time to convoy to the Museum of the American G.I. (their website >>Museum<<). After spending the morning at the museum, we'll return to camp mid-afternoon to enjoy the off-road ranch. This may include trail rides, mud pits, vehicle repairs, etc. There's usually a bonfire Saturday night with great company and, maybe, a few tall tales. Everyone usually departs for home Sunday morning.

Camp: We dry camp in a field. That being said, there is a building next to the camp site with bathrooms for us to use. You can buy lunch at the museum Saturday. Apart from that, plan for and bring all of your meals and camping supplies.

Buy / Sell / Trade: Feel free to bring anything you want to sell or trade to the off-road ranch. Please note that to sell items at the museum, you must be a registered vendor. If that's something you want to do, contact the museum directly ahead of time.

Teasers: Here are some teasers from past rallies!

image.jpgIMG_0899.jpgIMG_0908.jpgimage.jpg

Here's one from the 2014 rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK1ZFWHQlC4

Oh yeah, we can't forget this from last year's rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fggZg4-REq0

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll see. I'm scheduled to go in for my second round of Lemtrada (MS chemo crap) Apr 2. My dr may nix me being in public that close to wiping out my immune system.

m715mike

We'll see. I'm scheduled to go in for my second round of Lemtrada (MS chemo crap) Apr 2. My dr may nix me being in public that close to wiping out my immune system.
I hope you are able to make the rally! It would be great to see you and neat to check out your LMTV in person. But, certainly, put your health first. If this Spring doesn't work, there's always the Fall gathering.

pistolnut

I'm planning to be there again, one of my favorite annual events. I'm not sure yet what I'll bring this year if anything but I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RATS!! My wife informed me that we have a schedule conflict, and there is no way we can rearrange it to allow me to attend. I hate missing it.

Another Ahab

sweet... not sure my MV will be running by then, but i'd love to meet some of y'all... Z
I see you're brand new here (first post)....

Welcome aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:
Absolutely, Brother.

Welcome also from Virginia.

I'm not a Texan, but I did catch David Allen Coe in concert once, back in the day; Asleep At The Wheel, too. That counts for something, doesn't it?

Doesn't it, Coldwarrior? Maybe? Just a little?!

Last edited:

Barrman

I think 5 M35 trucks is the most we have had in the past. My whistler M35A2 will not make it this year. We went to fire it up the other day and everything was dead. Power to and through the switch on the dash, but nothing working. We hot wired the starter to fire it up and move, but nothing else electrical on the truck is working. A few hours of probing Saturday led us to figure corrosion has eaten the wires from the inside out. Pretty much all of them. I have a spare harness I was saving to do on this truck someday. Someday is here it seems. I only have 1 free weekend between now and the Rally, so it isn't going to get done.

We were going to do the Gasser M35 and M715 since the M715 normally is the only one there and M1009's seem to show up in large numbers all the time. But it won't work out. Colton drove RED to Waco last year on Friday to attend a formal with his girlfriend at Baylor. They then drove through the night to spend the weekend at the Rally. The formal is Saturday night of the Rally weekend this year. So he will leave in RED from Mullins.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks