• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 blowby

Paycheck

Have minor blow by is this anything to worry about or should I look into rebuilding the 6.2 thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paycheck

Blow by if I could find the answer I wouldn't be posting this !

Reason I wrote that in subject line is because someone reported me to admin and deleted my post ! My question is simple I own a M1009 I have blowby minimal I am new to the diesel engine I would like to know if this is normal or do I need to look into rebuilding the motor thank you any issues with this question please man up and message me instead of crying to admin because you have nothing els better to do with your time! It's a valid question looking for an honest answer thank you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our rules are simple too, post once in the appropriate forum.

You have started 3 new threads so far. Stop and figure out how to use the site, do not post another duplicate thread.

Use the website help forum if you need help learning how to use the site.

btw, nobody cried to admin, a moderator simply noticed your threads and did what we do.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea
He already sent me a PM calling me names.

In the time he's spent on all this he could have found out the answer.
.......and to 20 more questions.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Yes a little oil mist is normal but you should've use the search function on the website first. And and FYI don't piss off the admin's

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea
He already sent me a PM calling me names.

In the time he's spent on all this he could have found out the answer.
.......and to 20 more questions.

Please forward the PM, we have rules...

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CDR valve clean?

Paycheck

Dog head when I post a thread it will I can not see it is it an issue with my browser I don't use forums a lot thanks

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go to a computer and look at what a great site we have.

Also, download the technical manuals, they are wonderful resources.

CDR vale helps control blowby. Looks like a tuna can on the passenger side above the intake manifold runners.

Clean it with liquid spray cleaner of your choice.

Blowby is almost always gonna happen to some extent.

Paycheck

Thank you I'll try that when I get home I drive a truck over the road out for a month at a time no computer access on the road

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
The CD-R valve looks like this IMG_0537.JPG pasanger side next to the air cleaner.. clean it like doghead said then spray WD-40 inside it to lube it up again but it should never be more then oil mist if it is then your engine is getting worn out.

cucvrus

One quick question. Is the oil vapor/mist only present at idle? If so that is pretty much the norm. If you have the oil cap off at idle and you just step up the idle a bit. The norm is it the vapor/mist/smoke goes away. Check that out and see if it holds true. I know when I change oil I can smell the clean oil vapors coming from the breather cap. Good Luck. Report back.

Paycheck

One quick question. Is the oil vapor/mist only present at idle? If so that is pretty much the norm. If you have the oil cap off at idle and you just step up the idle a bit. The norm is it the vapor/mist/smoke goes away. Check that out and see if it holds true. I know when I change oil I can smell the clean oil vapors coming from the breather cap. Good Luck. Report back.
It's in the shop getting transmission and transfer case rebuilt previous owner abused it I know it mists at full tube on idle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks