• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 Snow Plow

NE Iowa

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts about how to go about fitting a snow plow on an FLU. It seems it was available as an attachment at some point. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

FB.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FB, rather than chasing down a Schmidt compatible plow, I think you should consider converting the loader to a common quick attach.
That way you could use the bucket, a plow, pallet forks, or any of the many skid steer type attachments available. And if you don't go crazy on buying all kinds of attachments, it'd likely also be cheaper than getting just a dedicated plow.
Check out what Palletforks.com, for example, has to offer.

peakbagger

On one of the forums there was a picture of a Schmidt plow on a SEE. I have also seen a reference once that the air force had a few SEEs with a Schmidt plow used for airport snowplowing. Some day when I take my loader off I plan to take some dimensions to make a match up mount to the SEE specific Schmidt mount and then it would be a lot easier to make attachments.

thingamadigger

I was pleasantly surprised at how effective the bucket was at moving snow. Clears our 1/4 mile long gravel driveway better than a pickup mounted plow ever did. The snow gets efficiently packed into the bucket, some pushed ahead of the bucket, while curling a small excess off to the side, doesn't spill over the top, and can be pushed into a pile where I want it off to the side of the end of the driveway. I can't see the need for a plow yet in varying snow conditions, and up to 8" of accumulation. Holding the bucket lever down while plowing leaves the hydraulics in float, and once the bucket is leveled, it will stay floating without dislodging stones, yet clears the snow down to very close to the base. Works better than it should, and I can drive in third high mostly, faster than the pickup plow ever would on the chevy plow truck.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The idea of converting/adapting something on your loader with a quick tach system like the skidsteer loaders use would be perfect, have it set up so you could drive up to whatever implement you want to use and be able to lock it in place from the cab and get to doing what ever you doing. The first thing that came to my mind was and SEE with about an 8' straight blade that you could angle to either side. You already have hydraulics at the end of the loader arms I would thing you could fabricate something fairly easy to accomplish this. OR you could fabricate you quick tach system to the Bobcat skidsteer standard then you would have only about 300 different pieces of equipment that would be available to you for use. Boy does that bring up possibilities!!!!
karl

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are three different ways to clear snow with a FLU.

I have pushed snow with the bucket to the point that the fenders bent a bit. I only use the bucket to move snow piles out of the way.
The snow blower setup works fairly well, the main drawback being that at the rpms the snowblower likes, the FLU is going too fast to ingest large amounts of wet snow.
Since we had no winter to speak of last year, I don't know how well the blade will work in snow. I've used it to push a fair amount of dirt, though.DSCN0859.jpgDSCN1480.jpgDSCN1500.jpg

If basic snow removal with a FLU was my main goal, I'd go with the blade. But so far I've used a tractor to plow with, then get rid of the windrows with the snow blower. That way I don't need to push piles with the bucket later.

NE Iowa

I would Love to see how you attached either the Blower or the blade to your FLU.

Thanks in advance.

FB

Here are three different ways to clear snow with a FLU.

I have pushed snow with the bucket to the point that the fenders bent a bit. I only use the bucket to move snow piles out of the way.
The snow blower setup works fairly well, the main drawback being that at the rpms the snowblower likes, the FLU is going too fast to ingest large amounts of wet snow.
Since we had no winter to speak of last year, I don't know how well the blade will work in snow. I've used it to push a fair amount of dirt, though.View attachment 748365View attachment 748366View attachment 748367

If basic snow removal with a FLU was my main goal, I'd go with the blade. But so far I've used a tractor to plow with, then get rid of the windrows with the snow blower. That way I don't need to push piles with the bucket later.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would Love to see how you attached either the Blower or the blade to your FLU.

Thanks in advance.
FB
The quick tach conversion (done primarily for the snowblower) was fairly well covered in the main SEE, HHMH, HME owners thread about two years ago.
The blade just hooks onto the same mounts as the loader uses.

And speaking of using, pictured is the first time my pavement breaker was used. The guy didn't much like its weight, but it did work fine.DSCN1468.jpgDSCN1998.jpg

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, been out of town for a while.

Got the 'blower from Skid Pro, but can't remember why I went with theirs over whatever else is out there. Any low-flow Bobcat style should work, as long as it's not overly large.

Other than running the wiring for the chute (and, of course, the hydraulic lines) there was no "fabrication" involved.

419g

Sorry, been out of town for a while.

Got the 'blower from Skid Pro, but can't remember why I went with theirs over whatever else is out there. Any low-flow Bobcat style should work, as long as it's not overly large.

Other than running the wiring for the chute (and, of course, the hydraulic lines) there was no "fabrication" involved.
Found a quick attach for a John deere, it looks like it might be what everyone mods up for the skidsteer attachments on these FLU419's? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Titan-Atta...602537&hash=item214c6e8a03:g:sIcAAOSwsqdb7z6s

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did not use the John Deere version. Don't know much about those, other than that they seem to use proprietary stuff and that anything JD is more expensive.
On top of that eBay page is a red one, which isn't just $100 cheaper, but is a universal quick-tach setup. Looks like what I used.

By the way, the even less expensive 2-piece version would work, too. That bar between the mounts do speed up the installation process, though, especially when working alone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks