• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1970s Pinz 710 ---has anyone put a diesel in one?

KAT MAN

hey guys

Has anyone swapped in a Cummins in a 710? Im guessing the 5.9 is too big but how about the 4bt?

Does anyone have the dimensions of engine compartment ?

Last edited:

rsms

That sounds like it would be a cool project. I recall hearing about someone installing a VW ALH (mechanical TDI) diesel in one somewhere but I cant remember where I read about it. I think the cooling system might be the biggest issue. In the coming week or so I will be digging out my 710K and I can get you any measurements you might want.

DSD277

There has been 1.9TDI's and some Mercedes diesels (mostly in Europe) installed in 710 and 712. The main problem is that you need a high rpm diesel to make it roadable.

The TD Pinzes are 8" longer in the wheelbases and increase in the engine bay to fit the VW 6 cylinder diesel engine than the 710/712. They also got a different geared transfercase and tranny. The last UK made Pinzes had 5 cyl. 2.5TDI's. The Tcases are not interchangeable between the gas and diesel Pinzes because they are "mirrored" of the other...710/12 are on right side of the central tube and the diesel on the left.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks