• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 M925A2 dump bed hoist install

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks GREAT :)
I want to install a hoist onto my 923, I've been thinking about the tailgate, maybe making a frame for the rear of the sides don't flex out; also pivoting the top of the tailgate to swing open on the bottom for some spreading abilities. How high are your sides and the front that you've added?
Thanks, Paul
Any luck on installing a hoist yet?

IMG_4577.jpg

This is what I came up with for a tailgate and mounts. Still need to weld everything out and paint. The top of the tailgate should support the sides while using the bottom latches, and I’ll probably move my 3/8 rod down to the top front of my side plates to support the sides when the top of the tailgate is unpinned and hinged down.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Realized I forgot to post final picsIMG_4660.jpg
About 450# max tension throughout travel lowering tailgate.IMG_4749.jpg
Can never have enough reflective tape.
IMG_4750.jpg
Side boards back on and bolted up.IMG_5336.jpg
Small hand crank winch and pulley works perfect for lowering and raising.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_5416.jpg
Handle flipped and cable stowed, ready to go!

Hauled and spread several loads of gravel over the summer, as well as moving a bunch of mud, rock and dirt around the farm. Tailgate worked flawless and made the dump bed even more useful! IMG_6279.jpg
Hopefully shes done working on the old pond…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks