• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The start of another M37 build

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well after a few years of me having my MVs, I guess it rubbed off on my Dad. We recently picked up a couple M37s. Now we start a long build. I'm truly looking forward to working on this truck with my Dad (TruckGuySenior). I think it will be a lot of fun for both of us.

The trucks may have seen better days, but they're a good start. Time will tell.....

Today he had a big grin on his face when we fired the engine up, just to see if it would. Actually ran pretty well all things considered. :naner:

We'll update as we go.

20170116_112727.jpg20170116_114746.jpg20170116_114942.jpg20170116_115224.jpg20170116_115024.jpg20170116_115037.jpg

https://youtu.be/VVC3htxwDdg

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I think we settled on which of the two chassis to use. Have it pretty much stripped down. Actually since the pic was taken, the transfer case and front axle have been removed. Only the rear axle remains. It will be removed and the chassis will be blasted and painted.

20170211_154744.jpg20170211_154802.jpg

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a little bit more done.

Been a while since an update. TruckGuySenior (AKA Pop) got the urge to do a little more work on the M37...

Cab is in fair condition, worse spot was some rust through floor on driver side. The fun part of having a few cabs….. cut that panel out to be replaced with one from another cab

cabwork1.jpg

cleaning up the donor panel

cabwork2.jpg cabwork3.jpg

Test fit

cabwork4.jpg

Panel welded in place

cabwork5.jpg

Cab supports

cabwork6.jpg

After prepping, time to paint

cabwork7.jpg cabwork8.jpg

Looking pretty good…

cabwork9.jpg

Dropped the cab on the chassis. Hmm… looked better from the bottom. Time to get the top side done…

cabwork10.jpg

More later...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks