• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from the Netherlands

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys (and gals?)!

I'm Clint, from the Netherlands. I've been reading on these forums a lot since I've decided I wanted a Chevrolet K30. I've always wanted a truck. One that can tow a trailer and that I can put my and my friends' dirtbikes in. I have since bought one, a 1984 M1028. It has a lot of rust, but runs well. Had to replace top radiator hose, CDR valve and air filter.

I have A LOT of things I want to do to the truck including an ORD lift kit, probably 3", restoration of the body work and repaint (matte black bumpers, brush guard, rims and mirrors on a desert tan body).

Here's a couple of pictures for ya'll!

IMG_20160614_182939.jpgIMG_20160629_191218.jpgIMG_20160803_203345.jpg

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the welcome guys! I see there's a "neighbor" on here too! Maybe you know some places in Germany (preferably close to the border) to get CUCV parts?

Howdy and welcome from Colorado! Does it do well in your cold and snow?
The cold doesn't seem to be a problem, then again we haven't really had much of a winter yet, doubt we will, it's been 4 years. Temperatures are just below freezing mostly lately. It takes more time to glow (manual) but I guess that makes sense. What would be "normal" anyways?

The starter seems to be nearing it's end of life. Wouldn't start about a month and a half ago, tapped it with a wrench and it's still holding up, but noisy.

Last edited:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers!! If you have to replace the starter, I HIGHLY recommend buying a gear reduction. They spin faster than conventional starters. :)

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, and nice truck and bikes. If you can fit between the trees, the truck should be able to go almost anywhere to recover a dead bike.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A late welcome, from a Dutchman in the Czech Republic, did not see the thread earlier but got it through the 20 year logo thread.

As to parts, I think that the real MV yards like Staman, REOMIE, DvanDam, have NOT much on the CUVC, but there should be other non-MVs who have old blazer stuff.

edit: added the word NOT, those MV yards have more larger and older stuff, did not see any CUCV there.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks