• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV windshield wiper controller

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone found a source for the wiper controller, the black box on the left edge of the power distribution panel (PDP)?

HELLA 5WG002 450-19, 24V

The intermittent function has quit on my truck. Low and High speeds still work. At the plug on the motor, ground is good, 12v (low speed) is present, 24v (high) is present), the motor is good, and the parking switch on the motor is doing it's thing. Swapping in a new controller as a test is much easier than doing the diagnostics!!

Local parts stores confirm that is a valid HELLA number but "not in stock".

Bob

Duckworthe

Just wanted to drop a note to and about Suprman. I think I speak for many that you are such a great help and asset on this forum. Thank you.
Eric 619-952-4337

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that a confirmed number? I ask because if that number is brought up on finditparts (see screen capture) the picture is clearly not the correct controller. Of course a picture could be wrong.

Attachments

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Yes came from the mil cross ref list. If you google the number actual pics come up looks the same. Appears to be used in many applications.

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On my 2008 M1081A1 with Cat C7 the intermittent function isn't working. If I put the lever in the intermittent position I get the same speed as in the low ( I ) position. Does anybody know where the Wiper Relay Ecu is on a A1 truck

Last edited:

coachgeo

Yours controls for wipers are on the stalk right? Problem could well be the stalk on the steering column. carefully see if you can get the stalk wiper mechanism to sit on either side of where intermittent is indicated... but not in the next notch.... you may have to hold it in place with your hand. May have to wiggle it fwd. and back to find the right spot and I bet you will find it works. If that is the case you need to adjust or replace your stalk.

SteelCaesar

How do you adjust the stalk? One of my LMTVs at work has an issue where the wipers stay on even though it is in the off position. Hoping I can adjust it instead of replacing.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can adjust the linkage if the wipers come to rest in the wrong position. If they won’t shut off it’s probably a bad stalk. But could also be a bad motor. I believe the motor keeps going till the wipers are at rest position. There is a switch in the motor. If that is not working it may cause the wipers to keep going.

SteelCaesar

Ok thanks. Is there a way to diagnose this without swapping parts out? And please tell me that a new stalk doesnt really go for over 900 bucks? Eastern Surplus has it listed for $945.

Reworked LMTV

Are you referring to the entire stalk being available directly from the manufacturer or distributor? I can't find one googling or at the Valeo site, but that would be great!

Last edited:

SteelCaesar

I am dealing with a rep from ATAP about getting a price on a stalk. I couldn’t find one online anywhere besides eastern surplus which wants $945 for it. Sorry but no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks