• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV windshield wiper controller

SteelCaesar

Is Rome truck parts in Rome, GA? I want to make sure I have the right place. It’s easier for me to use a commercial business for parts but I am going to ask my finance department if we can use people off of this forum for parts. It would be a lot easier to find the right parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelCaesar

$199 and some change. I spoke with Will and two minutes later he pulled the part and put aside so I can get my agency purchase req done. Great customer service.

Reworked LMTV

$199 and some change. I spoke with Will and two minutes later he pulled the part and put aside so I can get my agency purchase req done. Great customer service.

Sorry, I guess I'm lost here. Are you becoming a reseller, or giving directions on how we can get this part?

SteelCaesar

S
Sorry, I guess I'm lost here. Are you becoming a reseller, or giving directions on how we can get this part?
Just answering Suprman’s question about pricing and complimenting the company on their customer service. And I guess I kind of hijacked the thread now. But they did say they carry parts for the wiper system and may have the controller the original poster needed.

Reworked LMTV

So are we talking about a new turn signal switch for 199 and change?
S
Just answering Suprman’s question about pricing and complimenting the company on their customer service. And I guess I kind of hijacked the thread now. But they did say they carry parts for the wiper system and may have the controller the original poster needed.

SteelCaesar

I spoke with them like last week and they sent me a quote. If they were going out of business I doubt they would have sent the quote but it wouldn’t surprise me too much the way my day has been going.

Reworked LMTV

Do you have a phone number? Both numbers that I found were disconnected.

I spoke with them like last week and they sent me a quote. If they were going out of business I doubt they would have sent the quote but it wouldn’t surprise me too much the way my day has been going.

SteelCaesar

Yes they called me the other day. And yesterday I received my brand new wiper control arm. Looks awesome just need to install it next week.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone had the stalk apart? Its not obvious how to disassemble it. Mine is occasionally intermittent and I want to try to treat the contacts, without tearing it up trying.

thanks,

Reworked LMTV

Has anyone had the stalk apart? Its not obvious how to disassemble it. Mine is occasionally intermittent and I want to try to treat the contacts, without tearing it up trying.

thanks,

OMG Yes, It's a nightmare of tiny parts crammed into a tube AND the switch has cams and tiny plastic parts and micro springs. Honestly, having just done this recently, I would just replace it. While it does have contacts, the problem will likely be a failing piece of plastic.

I have not had a chance, but will be doing a video on this.

SteelCaesar

The hardest part I experienced when replacing mine was getting those huge end plugs through the hole into the dash. It was like trying to cram ten pounds of you know what into a five pound bag. But with a little persuasion I got it through. I am sure I was doing something wrong or could have done something different but hey it still works.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks