• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

53 M38A1 value?

pvtcook

What's a ball park value on this jeep. Been sitting about a yr. Supposed to run good. Said it smoked a little. I've never looked at any of these. So I wanted your opinion. This is the only pics I have. Serial number 63423.

Attachments

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The prices are all over the map . That looks like a pretty complete rig , Ride and Drive as they say . If it smokes , figure some engine repairs down the line . How is the rest of the drive line ??? Was it overhauled recently ??? Is it still 24 Volt ???? You have to treat this like any other used vehicle , buyer beware . That said it does look good , paint looks nice , and if everything checks out IMHO , anywhere between $8000 -12000 , maybe a little more depending on how it looks up close and personnel . The M38A1's are a little less desirable that the GPW's or MB's . I like them , so If it was nice I might go some extra $ , Hope this helps , good luck , Bob k:beer:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill , given everything $5000 is a good price IMHO . Needs a little TLC in the engine compartment , but if it runs , drives and shifts OK , I would go for it . All you need is the Jeep trailer !!!

pvtcook

Yeah looks good in the pics. But pics can be deceiving. It's a pretty good drive for me to go look at it. I've to make up my mind. He said he hasn't driven it in a yr. I would think that the carb will have to be pulled and maybe the tank. I wouldn't think the engine would stick but you never know.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NOPE . 24 volt is a good thing , don't be afraid of the system . It is a pretty basic system and parts are pretty easy to come by . With it sitting for a year ,if that is true , your carb may be ok , just drain the old fuel put in fresh fuel and see what happens . Charge the batteries (2) under the cover behind the firewall separately and give it a crank after your check all your fluids . If it fires you are good to go and thats when the PM FUN starts !!! LOL

pvtcook

Tim it's the craziest thing. Two weeks after I ask about it. It disappeared. It had been there for at least 40 yrs. I don't know what happen to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks