• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mitsubishi Mighty Mits

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it would be tight but yes you could drive it.

One of my neighbors(much bigger than me) drove it and he has huge feet and was dressed in snowmobile gear including boots when he tried it out.

At 5'9" and 205, I fit very comfortably. 10 shoe.

Last edited:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds similar to my wife's Mighty Mite. The Mite fits her perfectly. I can drive it but my knees stick out both sides of the steering wheel and the top of my head is above the windshield frame. I look like a giant in a clown car!! ;-)

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The club's Mitsy was stolen and rolled last year, permanently damaging the cab (landed on the driver's side). It is sitting wrapped up, under a tent right now. Got really squirrily above 25 mph, which is probably why it got wrecked. Club recently bought a couple of Cushman's to replace it. We just need to get them working - one is 4WD and has A/C!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it 4x4 Mike? I'm really thinking one of these would be absolutely perfect for my needs. 4x4 would be a must.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish you were closer. If you could drive this thing, you'd be convinced you need one.

Anyone is more than welcome to stop in and see it/try it. That goes for all my stuff.

Terrh

I have a distant cousin to these, a suzuki Alto works.

I have hauled it in the bed of my pickup. I'll post pics tomorrow.

These can be plated for normal road use and rhd ones can be imported from Japan as long as they are 25 or older. In Canada we are lucky and get them at 15.

If anyone needs parts and can't find them send me a message with the year make model I'm pretty good at finding parts for jdm stuff now. I've had a few jdm vehicles for about 10 years.

Terrh

DSC_0836.jpg

I've also got a overhead cab nissan van, similar to these trucks but bigger.

If anyone else wants one of these trucks and can't find one stateside, they're reasonably easy to find over here.
Anything 1992 or older you can get into the states easily. Won't be OD green, but that's easy to fix.
There's a bunch of different brands, honda, suzuki, etc. All are about the same. They sell vans too.
Some come with 4x4 and locking front/rear differentials. ATV wheels/tires fit for off road use, but I wouldn't dare going down the highway on ATV tires, they're too soft.
On street tires they'll go 70-75 MPH but are a lot happier at 55-60. Bed will carry 1000LB no problem. Most aren't dumpers/scissor lift like this one, but they are out there too.
The engines are 660CC on any newer than 1988 and tend to be turbocharged. Limited at 64 HP but lots of torque. A lot more pep than you'd expect down low. My Alto works (pictured) is a total blast to drive around the city.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a cool buy! You can use it in place of scaffolding, or a deer stand.

GP spray painted the unit info on the doors, but left the Gov't license plates on!?! Someone slipped up big time.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine will see occasional beach duty as well.

It's a great little tailgate party mobile.

Yesterday I scored a set of 4 new tires on craigslist for pennies. They are already mounted and on it.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I decided to see if I could make it around a few rocks to get down the shoreline to go for a ride down the beach today.

I quickly learned that when water is in the cab, it's time to stop.

I also remembered that I read the air intake ductwork is fairly low on these trucks and some guys modify it with snorkles. When I could hear the intake sucking water, I knew I was in trouble.

Then it stalled. I tried to restart it but the motor soon locked up when cranking. I knew I was done and called a friend to come pull me home.

He came to my rescue in a 3/4 ton truck. The water was a bit deep for him too. He made it, but he was starting to make bad sounds too.

When I got home, I pulled the plugs and cranked it over. Out came the water. I also removed the air filter and drained the housing.

I dried the plugs off with a torch. Reassembled the ignition and it fired right up.

I heard a constant tick that coincided with a skip so I grabbed a can of wd-40 and started at the cap, spraying liberally.

When I got to the plug boots, I soaked them all good. I could still hear a miss, and hear a tick at the same time.

I put my face down close to the first plug wire and suddenly there was a POOF. The WD-40 ignited. Now the whole side of the motor is on fire!

A few fast thoughts went through my head as I ran to the garage door(open) and grabbed the fire extinguisher at the doorway.

One quick shot and it was out.

So, I pulled all the wires and blew them off with air. Cleaned all the mess up. and put it all back together.

I'll need a new air filter element, but all is well again.

Lesson learned, WD-40 is flammable!

Also to note, my pants were wet up to my crotch seam and Lake Ontario is very cold right now. The ice just went out a few days ago.

I only took a couple pics because it was not on my priority list at the time.IMG_0798.jpgIMG_0800.jpgIMG_0801.jpgIMG_0802.JPGIMG_0803.JPG

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny thing, Last spring I sank the golf cart in the very same place.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good thing I have a 2.5 ton truck maintained for this purpose.

Probably should build the bobbed deuce project as well.

I learned long ago, never go in with your biggest vehicle first.

Today I should have started out with something a little bigger. ;-)

Rmtaunton

I had one of those 20 years ago in Palau 4 wheel drive and drop side bed been wanting another always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks