• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Van Internal Dimensions

ICONchad

Does anyone have the internal dimensions on the 1079 van? The model with the large windows. I looked thru the manuals but only found the drawing of the stud locations. I was hoping to make a 3d model to start designing my van layout.

- Internal length front wall to back wall
- internal width from side wall to wall
- Internal height
- internal width from blackout shield cover to blackout shield cover plate(strip that runs the length of the van covering just below the handle on the blackout shield)
- height from floor to top of that blackout shield cover plate
- location of window frames in van

s-l1600-2.jpg

If anyone has a 1079 van in southern CA and wouldn't mind me coming by to measure it I'd appreciate it. I'll take you out to lunch!

ICONchad

Ya I saw that in the manuals, it only shows the stud locations so I guess I can make a rough 3d model. What I really need to find out is the height from the floor to the of the blackout shield cover plate that way I can make sure I don't design things too tall that I wouldn't be able to reach the handle on the shields.

ICONchad

Could you possibly measure for me the height from the floor to top of the blackout shield plate that runs horizontally across the blackout shields? Thanks!

redman333

Did you ever design a 3d model of a camper? I just started a thread asking the same thing and then now found your thread. I plan on doing the same and making a model of the space. Was curious if you had one already though.

Homeworld8118

I know this is an old thread but I'm searching for a measurement I can't find. I'm working on a living space design for a truck I'm picking up next year. What is the interior dimension from the open rear door frame to the bulk head? Also on the two window side from the rear edge of the rear windows frame to the aft bulkhead? I appreciate any help!

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
I've updated the box model I made, adding the framework that is attached to the front.
If someone knows the stud sizes and spacing I would love that info as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks