• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for the correct color interior for M1009

OD green K5

Does anyone know were I can order the brown interior parts for a M1009 CUCV?

I have done a Google search and can find every color except brown.

Thanks

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

cucvrus

GM listed the interior color as Bronze on the build sheets. I have a SEMS can at home with the correct color and paint code if you want it. I will list it later.

OD green K5

I've found the seat covers and dash pad at LMC Truck, etc. My problem was the photos of the interior looked really red, were as my interior looks brown, whether from age or whatever.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

LastFbody

The color is actually called bronze from the factory like cucvrus says. Unfortunately I've found unless you buy NOS cucv stuff there's nothing to be had in new condition i.e. nobody makes repros for our trucks' interior color. The stuff you're looking at is straight red from the civvy trucks and it'll look super wrong in your interior.

However, if you're handy with paint projects there is another option:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?117175-Door-Panel-Paint-Source/page2
If you scroll down and read post 5 on page 2 and beyond, there's a lot of helpful info in that thread. The Sem 15063 burgundy is an almost exact match to the original interior color. I compared it to the color on the inside of my door panels that never got beaten by the sun, and you can barely tell the difference. There's a picture of that later in the thread too.

I don't know why GM called it bronze when it's really more of a "industrial garbage can brown" but they did. :p

Last edited:

TGP (IL)

There getting you confused.
Other than LastFbody who has good intel.
As said GM called it Bronze.
It's NOT Red or Burgundy although some can get pretty close.
It has a brownish tint to it.

'Bronze Metallic'

Sem

85 GM

76D Bronze Met

A good parts/paint store can mix that code for you in SEM brand or
Whatever he carries.

Take a door panel off and look at the backside.

Do a search here if you need more info.

You will not find the parts your needing already colored.
You will have to paint or dye unless you change color.

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

LastFbody

Does raise a question I had, since a lot of interior buffs are watching the thread. Has anyone ever found cloth seat covers that match (or almost match) the original bronze? Once my truck is finished I fully intend to drive the heck out of it, and vinyl is terrible in summer. Doesn't matter to me if it's a slip cover or if its a full replacement.

LastFbody

I almost snapped on those when I first saw them a while back. They definitely look kickass, but I didn't get them with the thinking that polyester wouldn't be a big improvement heat wise to vinyl. But I'd be overjoyed to be proven wrong, I really like those.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
The color was called GM bronze but it's a mahogany color. It's a gm military color only civi colors wont match. USA1 industries has the spray dye. This is my M1028A1 inside the seat covers are stock gm but dash pad a door panels are sprayed to match IMG_0629.jpgIMG_0630.jpg

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
USA1 industries calls it Mahogany.
I bought one of their dashes painted to match the CUCVs color.
Recommend you stay away
Dash didn't fit like original as they claimed it would.
I did a review of it. A search will find it.

Their is a place in California that will refinish your original dash.
Much better work and almost same money.
Cant remember the company name but find that thread and it's in there.

Just fyi in case your thinking about a new dash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks