• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for the correct color interior for M1009

LastFbody

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't all cucvs start with gray dashes from the factory? I don't personally care to keep that original for my rig, I'm just curious for my own knowledge.

I ordered a repro dash for 200 something and painted it with that sem stuff and it turned out pretty nice. I think the company that made mine is oer, and it's built more or less as well as the original. Only little snag is you gotta trim the corners to make it fit properly and transfer all the hardware over from your old dash.

Csm Davis

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't all cucvs start with gray dashes from the factory? I don't personally care to keep that original for my rig, I'm just curious for my own knowledge.

I ordered a repro dash for 200 something and painted it with that sem stuff and it turned out pretty nice. I think the company that made mine is oer, and it's built more or less as well as the original. Only little snag is you gotta trim the corners to make it fit properly and transfer all the hardware over from your old dash.
No the replacement dash pads were mostly gray have seen a few off colors.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
USA1 industries calls it Mahogany.
I bought one of their dashes painted to match the CUCVs color.
Recommend you stay away
Dash didn't fit like original as they claimed it would.
I did a review of it. A search will find it.

Their is a place in California that will refinish your original dash.
Much better work and almost same money.
Cant remember the company name but find that thread and it's in there.

Just fyi in case your thinking about a new dash.

My dash pad from usa1 fits like a charm ..might need to trim a little bit.. and the color was black to start off with. Factory GM dash pads where mahogany replacements where gray or other colors

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My dash pad from usa1 fits like a charm ..might need to trim a little bit.. and the color was black to start off with. Factory GM dash pads where mahogany replacements where gray or other colors
I trimmed the best I could.
Instrument cluster fit poorly, big gaps towards windshield, etc.
Color rubs off fairly easy.
Horrible customer service

Of course I find out about that place in California that will rebuild original dash AFTER I bought one from USA1.

Glad yours worked.
Mine does but not as good as the price suggests it should.

jedatide

I am working on my 1985 Blazer and I searched a long time to find what I was looking for. I ended up with USA1Industries. I ordered from LMC and it was not what I wanted (the rear seat cover did not cover the entire seat). USA1Industries is now making the seat covers, they call them mahogany (brown), and they are the closest that I have found to the original color. I decided to go with the burgundy color. I sent them my old (original) seat covers and they duplicated them to my specifications.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am working on my 1985 Blazer and I searched a long time to find what I was looking for. I ended up with USA1Industries. I ordered from LMC and it was not what I wanted (the rear seat cover did not cover the entire seat). USA1Industries is now making the seat covers, they call them mahogany (brown), and they are the closest that I have found to the original color. I decided to go with the burgundy color. I sent them my old (original) seat covers and they duplicated them to my specifications.
You know that NOS factory GM CUCV seat covers can be usually found on the classifieds here and on a well known auction site?
Both the M1008/M1009 covers for good prices.

Breacher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For anyone still looking for the interior color here is the blazer/jimmy detailed specs and color options from GM. The only color choice is burgundy for the interior attached is the link to the info. Also here is the Service Parts Identification for my M1009 it states bronze for all of us trying to restore ours to factory. My humble opinion you can’t go wrong by using burgundy, it was the only interior option for civi version and you can find that color easily.

https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/do...Blazer/1985-Chevrolet-Blazer_RV_Full-Size.pdf

8E161596-365E-4E6B-9292-2ACC12156F1E.jpg

Breacher

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks