• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 fuel tank check valve/ commercial option?

guns1977

My check valve is non functional, is there a commercial available option for one? I have done some searching but did not find a definate answer.
Thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the nsn? Either google it or look for it on parttarget to fin manufacturers.

guns1977

4820014089958 is the nsn I could find. It says its 1/2 npft I was hoping to find a Napa or .... Cross number, they dont offer a fuel line check valve in a 1/2 thread size. That I could find

snowtrac nome

try a plumbing and heating store those are used in fuel fired boiler applications I could go to our local hardware store and get one right now for about 10 bucks.

Eliteweapons

I used this type. Mine had fallen apart so I replace it.

Compact Backflow-Prevention Valve

for Oil and Fuel, 1/2 NPT Female x 1/2 NPT Male

Each

In stock
$17.78 Each

7768K64

Valve FunctionBackflow Prevention
For Use WithDiesel Fuel, Gasoline, Oil
ActivationPressure Driven
Connection TypePipe × Pipe
ConnectionThreaded NPT Female Inlet × Threaded NPT Male Outlet
Pipe Size1/2 × 1/2
Maximum Pressure500 psi @ 70° F
Min Opening Pressure1 psi
Temperature Range-20° to 180° F
ShapeStraight
End-to-End Length2 1/8"
Mounting OrientationAny Position
Material
BodyBrass
SealFluoroelastomer
Valve TypeCheck
Check Valve TypeSpring Loaded
Flow Coefficient (Cv)2.4
Often installed in confined spaces, these valves have a shorter end-to-end length than standard backflow-prevention valves. They open to allow flow in one direction and close when flow stops or reverses.

Last edited:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be ****ed an easy fix for once. Hadn't started my M35A3 in month or more, had one dead battery that wouldn't come back. Replaced it. Started truck up and it promptly died when trying the get the rpms up to inflate the tires...... Took the check valve off, filled it up with carb cleaner worked the ball, filled it the opposite way, let it sit and worked it, put it back on, started right up!!!!! Didn't even change the fuel filter, though I bought one and the water.fuel separator. Like McDonalds, I'm loving it!

tobyS

Don't forget to watch the pressure requirement to open the valve. It's pushing against a spring in most checks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks