• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

move to north carolina

Chief_919

I live in Waynesville- and of course my shop is in Clyde. let me know if I can do anything to help with your move!

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Another Ahab

MADE IT, no problem truck ran great. I have never saw so many semis all going it seems 80 mph . when you are going 55-60
Glad it all went fine.

Recently rolling down I-95 in VA using the WAYZ app, when the young lady says "Hazard ahead" and I'm looking for "it" when all of a sudden I see a car ahead doing about 50 MPH when the going rate was closer to 80MPH. THAT was the reported hazard, evidently.

It would have been helpful if the app was more specific, but thats that. Story over.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
What amazes me is when I come up on something (usually a run down hippy winnebago) that I am faster than in the LMTV...
I was cruising the other day down the interstate and I blew past a ANG M1089 recovering a M1088 and I didn't realize what it even was till a few miles down the road.

aleigh

I was cruising the other day down the interstate and I blew past a ANG M1089 recovering a M1088 and I didn't realize what it even was till a few miles down the road.
Ha! My favorite is the oncoming convoys don't know what to do. I get everything from dumb founded looks through waves and salutes.

Living around the I-90 / Yakima area sure gives you the impression their trucks are no more reliable than ours, and that I never want to own a Stryker. They run between JBLM and Yak all the time and the wreckers are kept busy.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a reply today on Facebook from Tim. He's preparing for a class he will be teaching at Heritage Life Skills in about 10 days, in addition to his other activities.

pevrs114

Welcome to NC (even though this is a zombie thread).

I just moved back home to the Charlotte area after 20 years in VA.

I talk to Tim regularly, if you are in Waynesville I hope you've had the opportunity to meet him by now.

M925A2 is one of my very favorite types of 5 tons.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to NC (even though this is a zombie thread).

I just moved back home to the Charlotte area after 20 years in VA.

I talk to Tim regularly, if you are in Waynesville I hope you've had the opportunity to meet him by now.

M925A2 is one of my very favorite types of 5 tons.
Mine too. I like anything with a winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks