• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT without Roof Lifting Jacks

aziator

Hi all, searched around and couldn't find much help. I am looking at a MKT-90 that says roof lifting jacks are missing/broken. Is this something I should be concerned with or is it something that can be easily fixed/repaired? My only experience with a MKT is eating out of one for almost a year during the Iraq invasion in 2003 and helping my soldiers set it up during a field problem a couple of times.

Those of you that have a 90, any reason you wish you had a 99? Thanks for the help!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other than being kind of difficult to get the roof up without the jacks I can't see anything wrong with it. I've had both a 90 and a 99 and liked them equally.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roof jacks are the same for all MKT's (unless you HAVE to have the same color). Many earlier MKT's were upgraded to the MKT-99 standard. Height of the lip on the griddle is usually a giveaway - 2" on the older ones, 4" on the '99' models. Recirculating air fan and floor vent, six vent roofs replacing the 12 vent model, replacing the lanterns with bulb lights, new stainless can opener, the V3 MBU's and inverter, etc.

mil alta

Thanks Guys
Was looking for just the handle replacement and had talked with Eastern...
Not a crazy thing to make one, so might be the next step. Also looking for a kitchen exhaust fan system.
NOW..here's a crazy question. In my MKT-90 equipment are TWO bike pumps in it's inventory.
Are they used for anything OR was the kitchen crew sports minded when they had time and kept deflating their balls...
wouldn't mind a copy of the collection of info on the MKT trailers on disk if someone had one

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Guys
Was looking for just the handle replacement and had talked with Eastern...
Not a crazy thing to make one, so might be the next step. Also looking for a kitchen exhaust fan system.
NOW..here's a crazy question. In my MKT-90 equipment are TWO bike pumps in it's inventory.
Are they used for anything OR was the kitchen crew sports minded when they had time and kept deflating their balls...
wouldn't mind a copy of the collection of info on the MKT trailers on disk if someone had one
PM me about MKT info. You will get an address to mail a USB drive to. Upon receipt, I'll load about 3.8 GB of MKT stuff (and related subjects) onto it and send it back in a padded envelope. Just make sure you send the USB drive in a padded envelope and your return address is clear. I already have padded envelopes and will pay the return postage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks