• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yards in Alabama

Zeus51

Hey guys, I looked in these forums for sites in Alabama but all of the threads were 10 years old. I'm hoping to start an updated thread about where everyone is going in or around Alabama to get their MV's or salvaged parts??? Lets hear it?? :mrgreen:

123mack

To my knowledge, there are no pure mv salvage yards in AL. There used to be a yard near Anniston called Shortys' which had the scrap contract with Anniston Army Depot, but they sold out to a firm in NY several years ago. The current owners shred everything. What do you need? Someone in our club may be of help. http://www.ddmvpa.org/index.php

Zebcorod

To my knowledge, there are no pure mv salvage yards in AL. There used to be a yard near Anniston called Shortys' which had the scrap contract with Anniston Army Depot, but they sold out to a firm in NY several years ago. The current owners shred everything. What do you need? Someone in our club may be of help. http://www.ddmvpa.org/index.php
Hey 123mack and Zeus 51. I live in Alabama too. I have a Mep-802A generator. Does your club ever have any generator parts at your meetings with swap sell and trade. I would like to attend one of your events regardless....just to see all the cool military vehicles that I can't afford.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's a guy with some M37 parts trucks up north of Athens. It's right along I-65 on the west side. It's not exclusively a MV place, but there's obviously interest there. I would guess there are some goodies stored out of sight too.
IMG_3580.jpgIMG_3581.jpg

123mack

Here are upcoming events. The gun show this weekend will be a good display. There is going to be a Stuart tank, halftrack, M20 armored car, as well as the usual truck, jeeps, etc. No display at Maxwell AFB, was told today they didn't have room for us. The USS Alabama show will be display and swap meet. http://www.ddmvpa.org/?p=events

camnite

nothing I know of down here near mobile. you might see the occasional piece of green iron, but they are generally used up and put away wet. salty air isn't that kind.

HMMWV NEWBE

Hey guys, I looked in these forums for sites in Alabama but all of the threads were 10 years old. I'm hoping to start an updated thread about where everyone is going in or around Alabama to get their MV's or salvaged parts??? Lets hear it?? :mrgreen:

Hey lets don't stop this ,there's a lot of use in the state.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks