• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovery, M923a2 Rancho Cucamanga CA to Meadow Lakes Akaska

wilkusmcrecon

Well here we go, after planning for a couple of years and after missing several M9s including he one I was watching for a few months on "Those military guy's"sites, Rob of those military guys had a consignment sale that he showed me and it caught my attention, for the most part rust free with some minor surface rust, hard top, M923A2, Tan (preferred green camo), no damage to be seen with a straight damage free body.

According to Rob it was recent auction purchase. He got with the owner and he agreed to do a complete service (change all fluids and filter), repack all the bearings and general fix what needed to be fixed for 11,000.00. After adding a few things I wanted (new tarp and bows kit for one) we settled on 13,500.00 +/- some labor and two additional spares.

Looking to pick up the M9 in May after we attend a service for my recently passed mother. 2016 sucked my wife and I both went through the loss of our mothers and we are hoping for a better 2017.

Current Planning Route (3,635.8 miles):

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Through Northern Cali
Seattle Washington
Grand Prairie, Canada
Dawson Creek, Canada
Whitehorse,Canada
Beaver, Canada
Toke, Alaska
Palmer, Alaska
Wasilla,Alaska

This will make my 6th trip up the ALASKA HWY,oh boy, working on butt muscles for this one. Been a long time since I sat behind the wheel of a Duce or 5 ton but I’m looking forward to getting her home safely.

Been go over threads on SS trying to get a feel for what’s to come with a 5 ton road trip. ANY SUGGESTIONs will be considered.

Will be looking to make contact with SS members along my planed route just in case. I hope for an uneventful trip, I feel I have a good strong vehicle (cross my fingers) but are preparing for along ride.

Chris Wilkinson.
Meadow Lakes ,Alaska:driver:

Last edited by a moderator:

wilkusmcrecon

Well here we go, after planning for a couple of years and after missing several M9s including he one I was watching for a few months on "Those military guy's"sites, Rob of those military guys had a consignment sale that he showed me and it caught my attention, for the most part rust free with some minor surface rust, hard top, M923A2, Tan (preferred green camo), no damage to be seen with a straight damage free body.

According to Rob it was recent auction purchase. He got with the owner and he agreed to do a complete service (change all fluids and filter), repack all the bearings and general fix what needed to be fixed for 11,000.00. After adding a few things I wanted (new tarp and bows kit for one) we settled on 13,500.00 +/- some labor and two additional spares.

Looking to pick up the M9 in May after we attend a service for my recently passed mother. 2016 sucked my wife and I both went through the loss of our mothers and we are hoping for a better 2017.

Current Planning Route (3,635.8 miles):

Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Through Northern Cali
Seattle Washington
Grand Prairie, Canada
Dawson Creek, Canada
Whitehorse,Canada
Beaver, Canada
Toke, Alaska
Palmer, Alaska
Wasilla,Alaska

This will make my 6th trip up the ALASKA HWY,oh boy, working on butt muscles for this one. Been a long time since I sat behind the wheel of a Duce or 5 ton but I’m looking forward to getting her home safely.

Been go over threads on SS trying to get a feel for what’s to come with a 5 ton road trip. ANY SUGGESTIONs will be considered.

Will be looking to make contact with SS members along my planed route just in case. I hope for an uneventful trip, I feel I have a good strong vehicle (cross my fingers) but are preparing for along ride.

Chris Wilkinson.
Meadow Lakes ,Alaska:driver:
Route pretty much lock in.

Still looking at shipping from Cali, and head North from Seattle. Have not found a shipper that will do it reasonably but still looking.

Truck going into shop for complete service and system check. Hope all goes well in TMG shop as they go over her.

looking to document trip just hopes its a sleeper and not a horror story.

Keep you all inform as we get to it.

Chris Wilkinson

Last edited by a moderator:

dmetalmiki

Good luck on your venture. Though it sounds like you have all points prepared. Set yourself up to Enjoy the run home, and the old adage 'steady does it' and just let it (the truck) run 'easy' will fulfil the mission with no dramas. And of course the story with pictures would be great. (would you post up some pictures of your 'pad' and location).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks