Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Canadian M152 Camper/Bugout Mods

Corporal
    Thanks

8/12/18. Backed the M152 out of the garage for the first time in approximately 1 year. Good to see it in the sun. 8-12-1.jpgFront fenders are removed preparing for engine removal. We will briefly fire up the engine and take a video of it running for the future buyer, if any. 8-12-2.jpgHigh Lift Patriot series 60" jack with LED Zombie lights on custom mounts.8-12-3.jpg Folding rear deck with Rotopax fuel cans and Pioneer tool rack.8-12-5.jpgDecided to NOT do the dual rear wheels. Got playing with spacers and such and got a great look with just two wheels. Save time and money not doing rear fenders. Will put spare back on driver's door and second spare on expedition rack.8-12-6.jpgFolding deck in open position with clip-on steps.8-12-7.jpg8-12-10.jpgRoommate Larry testing the deck8-12-8.jpg8-12-9.jpgInterior almost ready for soda blast and rust protection before 1.5" rigid polystyrene R7 insulation and panel replacement. 24" flatscreen on Mor-ryde locking mount. Bunk bed cleats are below windows. These really stiffened up the box. Large matching expedition rack not on top. It's pretty heavy and will require about 4 people to safely hoist it into position.
    Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thmpr; 08-13-2018 at 00:43.

Thanks

Did I miss the video Thmpr?
    Bruce
    1953 Dodge M-37, aka Da' OD Goddess
    Issued to the Dept. Of The Navy
    January 1953
    VMVA
    Stanford Hill Farm
    Midlothian,VA

Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M-37Bruce View Post
    Did I miss the video Thmpr?
    We will be making the video in a few days. Charging the batteries now.
    thmpr

Colonel
    Thanks

That sure doesn't look like you lounging on the deck!
    Did you ever source a second front axle?
    1962 DON DJ3A
    1953 M37
    1950 M38

Corporal
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by just me View Post
    That sure doesn't look like you lounging on the deck!
    Did you ever source a second front axle?
    That's Larry on the deck. Yes, I am having a Dana 60 built from scratch cut to the width needed, new discs and calipers, 4.10 ratio, Spartan lunchbox locker, 35 spline, chromemoly axles, vintage Selectro locking hubs, AFE ribbed aluminum diff. cover, olive drab paint. Should be done in a month. Will let you know when swapping front axles.
    Glenn

Colonel
    Thanks

You know the day after they deliver that axle another one will show up on CL for $200. LOL!
    (My usual luck, anyway.)
    1962 DON DJ3A
    1953 M37
    1950 M38

Corporal
    Thanks

Actually found some Dana 60 for sale. They were always the wrong ratio or missing this or that, or needing a rebuild or, or, or. Finally realized that after spending money to shorten and rebuild another's problem axle, I could have just built one from scratch for less. Over-built and a perfect fit installed for under $2,200. Still will be one of the most expensive items on the truck. The rear axle is open differential, so counting on this heavy duty, front locker to save my butt.

Corporal
    Thanks

8/15/18 Here are the interior drawings. My 30 year old 486 DX66, DOS 5.0 awesome cadd computer finally died. It was like someone cut my hands off. Installed the only cad software that would load on my XP computer (Libra Cad) and wrestled through the stupid learning curve. End product takes 4 times as long to draw with 4 times worse results. Oh well, here they are. The refrigerator/freezer is 12 volts or 120 volts when plugged into shore power or generator. It's on casters and will be used as rolling stool for cooking/cleaning and a coffee table for the sofa. Dometic portable toilet can go in a 36" square shower tent anywhere. These can be secured to deck at night for easier access. 80 watt Zamp folding solar panel plugs into existing driver's side power outlet with 20' cable - put panel in sun, park in the shade.
    GlennFloor Plan.jpgSink Wall.jpgBed Wall.jpgEnd Wall.jpg
    Last edited by thmpr; 08-15-2018 at 14:13.

Sergeant
    Thanks

How's that D60 front axle coming along? Are you going to change in power steering as well?

Corporal
    Thanks

Dana 60 is coming along slowly the fault of the builder. Everything he asks of me is completed in two days, but takes weeks to get anything from him. Just got the axle housing delivered with passenger side loosely assembled and placed it under the truck. The single wheel spindle is about 3" too short to use dually wheels on. Will replace with a dually spindle to get a better wms and the tire barely under the fender - similar to stock. The driver's side will need to be shortened a fair amount. Everything axle related is ready to go, red painted loaded calipers and axle shafts, AFE diff cover, Spartan locker, etc. Le's get 'er done.

The Isuzu diesel has an integral power steering pump capable of 1250 psi, so am installing both power steering and hydroboost brakes with outboard dual return resevoir from a F350. Dana 60 drag link is almost near stock location so original sea-saw steering linkage will plop onto it. The hydroboost unit was stupid easy to install under the floor with a $32 mounting plate found on eBay and will retain the original brake pedal - no need for firewall conversion. With hydroboosted dual circuit master and four wheel discs, this truck willl easily lock all fours. Want to move the steering wheel much closer to the dash for way more clearance in the cab. Will shorten the steering shaft when installing the power steering box. Want to retain the original steering wheel.

Took a final video of the Canadian 251 ci engine running, then pulled and placed it on a rolling dolly. It's ready to go to a new home comlete with clutch, bell housing, transmission, gen/alt/reg -everthng. Less than 30,000 miles. It looks really good and, with a bit of elbow grease, rebuilt fuel pump and carburator, detailing and fresh paint, will look and run like new. SOMEONE - PLEASE COME AND GET IT!!! $1,300 obo.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast