• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canadian M152 Camper/Bugout Mods

thmpr

Switching back to vinyl wrap - Avery Dennison matte Olive Green with invasion stars on the doors and hood and custom logo on the camper box sides. Larry and I will do all work, rust mitigation, POR 15, body filler, mesh over rust holes, sand, primer and vinyl wrap. Then electrical and final assembly :)

Attachments

Last edited:

thmpr

Well ... one year after my last post! Sea to Shining Sea ... is done! It has been a long 5 year build and the truck fought me at every chance, but perseverance pays off. The truck will be driven locally in Arizona first to work out any issues before heading out on its 5 year journey to ... all 4 corners and Alaska or bust. Each summer will be a different corner starting with Oceanside, CA with the 5th year a trek up the Alcan Highway to Delta Junction. I am blown away by the Isuzu 4bd2t turbo diesel. It starts in 1 revolution and vibrates no more than any other gasoline 4 cylinder engine. And that turbo whistle is intoxicating! The hydroboost braking has no problem locking all four corners. I will continue to upgrade and improve things over the years, but am one happy camper right now ;-) GlennM152-2 Exterior.jpgM152-5 Exterior.jpgM152-7 Exterior.jpgM152-24 Awning.jpgM152-22 Open.jpgM152-34 Driver Seat.jpgM152-44 Interior Motorcycle.jpg

Attachments

thmpr

Also: I decided I would like to take my childhood Tyco HO Train with me on my travels. I received the bright yellow train in 1960 when I was 6 years old and it kick-started my hobby of toy train collecting and operating. It has earned the right to accompany me. But how? Hmmm. M152-49 HO Train.jpgM152-65 Pull Out Table.jpgM152-66 Dining Table Train.jpgM152-69 Train Layout.jpgM152-75 Papa Leads.jpgOn the underside of the dining table? You bet! The post socket is perfect for a fiber optic tree. All other trees and accessories slip into drilled holes. Smurfs populate the forest. HO trains run on DC, so all that was needed was a speed control. Made cables that plug into a standard 12v socket. Quite the show stealer.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That turned out nice. It sets the bar pretty high for MV styling. This one is still in the bush and your truck may be the inspiration we need.

20170215_164620.jpg

When you get up north we have a camping site next to a pond if you need an off-grid hiding spot. Love to hear that beast run.

Here's mile 1 at Dawson Creek from the 2012 ALCAN run.

thmpr

Oh Snap! That's it! If there is ever another MV Alcan convoy, I'm on-board. Thank for the camp spot offer ;-)

As far as any other build, make sure you have a proper place to do it, not like me. I only had a small rolling workbench and did most work on the floor of the garage or on the driveway with marginal tools and a wire-feed welder from Harbor Freight - which makes the end result even more extraordinary. Every morning was a tool hunt. I started shouting out "Tool Hunt"! If I had better build conditions and tool storage, I probably could have shaved over a year off the project.

coachgeo

Love the use of the bottom of the table... shweeeeeet toot

see you figured out the secret to low roof campers... rolling stool!! people say... but you cant stand up..... you reply.. "I don't need too" Granted careful consideration to cooking... so you dont splill hot stuff in your lap. Maybe get a heavy rubber lab chemist apron for use when cooking?

search youtube.... etc. and visit folk in wheel chairs and/or scooters that live on their own in modified homes and apartments to steal cooking ideas??

thmpr

see you figured out the secret to low roof campers... rolling stool!! people say... but you cant stand up..... you reply.. "I don't need too" Granted careful consideration to cooking... so you dont splill hot stuff in your lap. Maybe get a heavy rubber lab chemist apron for use when cooking?
Purposely built the kitchen lower to be used comfortably from the rolling stool. Drop stool down and have an ottoman for the couch. Stool quickly separates into 3 pieces for flat storage.

thmpr

Phoenix invited Sea to Shining Sea to their July 1st Sunset Concert and fireworks display with Desperado and Skynyrd. Little did I know the fireworks were to be launched from behind the Dodge with its flags waving for all to see. Whoops and hollers throughout the long barrage. Lower bursts were directly behind the flags. Stunning display. The M152 has been duly christened :)M152 Concert 1.jpgM152 Concert 6.jpgM152 Concert 3.jpgM152 Concert 4.jpgM152 Concert 5.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks