• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Words mean things. Or, Nomenclature for beginners.

Wire Fox

So what's really funny about this to me is that for the motorcycle I ride and work on, there's two parts that have so commonly confounded people as to what they are that they've taken on babbling jibbersh names for what they're recognized by. The first thing I'm pretty sure is officially called the cam chain balancer tensioner lever, but everyone calls it "the doohickey." A search for "KLR Doohickey" will yield more better results than the official name... There's also a common aftermarket product on this bike that modifies the cooling system, adding in a bypass line to allow quicker initial warmup and to keep temperature more in-balance instead of surging between hot/cold repeatedly. This whole system has been summed up into one name: "The Thermobob" I really love DIY mechanics on internet forums...

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds German to me!
Too short for German. I think its Aussie, but they would say bloody dingfod and everybody would know. The german short words would be something like eisenbahnknotenpunkthinundherschieber, which states exactly what the man's function is (and we can find out who understands German here, apart from the occasional German and Dutch members).

Gunzy

Always remember to thoroughly inspect your Knudsen valves as when they start to wear you will have a reduction in displacement. Also, never let the feces hit a rotating oscillator for a mess will be created. Clutch belts do exist, ask anyone with a snowmobile. And finally, muffler bearings can wear requiring a rotation of blinker fluid. I love being a mechanic......

99nouns

The problem was not so much with the equipment as with the user I-d-ten-t. In other words - the problem exists between the keyboard and the chair, unless he was standing and using a tablet!
What if he was in the bathroom??? While doing his business on a phone...

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Too short for German. I think its Aussie, but they would say bloody dingfod and everybody would know. The german short words would be something like eisenbahnknotenpunkthinundherschieber, which states exactly what the man's function is (and we can find out who understands German here, apart from the occasional German and Dutch members).
It gets even better with dialect. Words like wischkiste. Short, and when you look at the device, the meaning is clear. But without the device in your hand, tough to figure out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks