• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bed side Fording Bracket Picture

TGP (IL)

Have a friend looking for orientation picture's of the fording pipes & brackets
On the M37 bed side.

In doing a search I turned up Bill W post with links
To his album from a few years ago but no longer work.

Anybody have any Pic's?
Thanks,
Tom

just me

Those are different than the ones on the truck I will be taking pictures of. The rear is a piece of sheetmetal bolted to the stake pocket with a hole for the end of the pipe. The pipe is flush with the tailgate. I'll post them this weekend.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are many different versions. I'm still hunting for the 2 piece fording bracket that is used on the forward mounting position. If you know of one, I'm interested.

I learned along time ago that the search for the "one correct" whatever on these trucks is a fool's errand. Things changed constantly with all "attached items and kits".

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the 2 piece fording bracket I am looking for. If you find one for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Midwest Military made a bunch a few years ago and sold out of them and never made any more and didn't remove them from the catalog. I've been pestering John for years about them (with no success so far in getting another batch built).

I could make one too, if I had a sample to work from. That's why I keep looking and asking. Eventually I'll get my hands on one.

Until then, please let me know if you find one for sale, or one I could borrow for a while to make some copies.

Thanks!

just me

Midwest Military made a bunch a few years ago and sold out of them and never made any more and didn't remove them from the catalog. I've been pestering John for years about them (with no success so far in getting another batch built).

I could make one too, if I had a sample to work from. That's why I keep looking and asking. Eventually I'll get my hands on one.

Until then, please let me know if you find one for sale, or one I could borrow for a while to make some copies.

Thanks!
Jens has them in the 2017 catalog at VPW.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the help, just me, but I called and talked to Jens at VPW and they only have the single piece bracket. If they could find (or borrow) a 2 piece bracket they would start making them, but so far they haven't found one.

I appreciate the help, but please keep looking for one, if you don't mind!

Thanks again,

Storm 51

just me

That's weird because there is a picture AND a price for the extension bracket for fording pipe right next to the single piece bracket and rear mount set. If he needs one to copy, I could send him mine. I'll talk to him.

EDIT: I see his is ONE piece, not two. Sorry. Didn't zoom the image when I saw it.

Last edited:

Bill W

Here are pics of fording brackets that I had on my 37. I was told I had them on backwards but I like them like this as they kept the pipe from rubbing on my paint job. Last pic is the mount for the snorkel.

Attachments

Rhodesia

Once the fording pipe is in place where are the brackets that keep it in place? and to keep it from being top heavy?

Rhodesia

once erected is there enough room so the fording pipe does not burn the side of the canvas? On eBay there was someone selling a complete set of fording brackets for the M37 they were reproductions but there were 3 brackets to the kit. I was trying to figure where the 3rd bracket was mounted to the truck. fording kit.jpg

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just trying to figure out how to stow the intake pipe!
I'll send you a couple of pictures. It is behind the cab on the right side in the forward corner of the cargo bed. Fits perfectly.

Also, because I store my cargo bed bows vertically, I can strap it to those, but sometimes I smack my head on it, so it usually goes in the corner of the bed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks