• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Technical Questions Regarding the Hydraulic System.

JEL

I have a flu 419 and I need to know if the rear hydraulic system on the mog is an open center, or closed center hydraulic system.

Google explains the difference well but no one has posted what the system is.
I have been going through the TM's and I haven't found the answer there.

The reason I need to know is I am adding some auxiliary hydraulics for controlling a pulled implement.

Thanks
JEL

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JEL, while I'm learning as I go in regards to the hydraulic system, my guess is that it's probably not an open center.

If the rear pump would deadhead, things would get quite warm and ugly, I think. And when removing the backhoe it says to connect the QDs in the rear to each other, keeping a loop just not with the backhoe in it . That would indicate that there is constant flow, right?

Brighter minds minds (that's almost everybody) will hopefully chime in with the correct answer.

Ironically, I'm running rear hydraulics to the front (for a snow blower), but you might be better off using the front circuit for what I'm guessing is only a hydraulic cylinder, or two.

JEL

From my research I have found the system to be an open center system.

The pump is a constant displacement pump. because it is a constant displacement it has to keep the fluid moving, and to keep the fluid moving it has to be an open center system. If it was a closed center system the pump would bog down when the valves are in the neutral.

I am hooking up two rear remotes to the mog with solenoids so that they can be controlled from the cab.

Thanks
JEL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks