• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Milemarker Hydraulic winch issue

Augdog1964

Hey all,

Not a lot of experience with HMMWV, but we just acquired an M1036 two man, and it has a hydraulic MileMarker winch onboard.

Of course, no controller, so we bought a black unit from Memphis Equipment... plugged right in with the three prong connector.

SO, we checked the levers, set to high... hit spool out, and it did it no problem.

Then we hit IN, and nothing... not a single movement.

Moved levers to FREE on 1 and 2, spooled some out thinking it may be kinked... levers back to high, and once again nothing on IN, but OUT will spool out.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The black unit is for a warn electric winch. It can be made to work. Others have posted here about reversing the wires in the cannon plug. The milemarker control is a bright yellow.

NormB

Last edited:

3000gt

Take a volt meter and plug into winch input (3 terminals). Find 24v source and take paperclip or wire and see if it works(by jumping terminals)

Last edited:

bsogorka

Mile Marker winch.. hoses? first post ever, so bear with me.. Does anyone know the NSN numbers or schematics of which hoses I need to convert my M998 to have the hydraulic mile marker winch?

also I need the 90 degree angle brackets that mount the winch to the front frame horns.

NormB

Mile Marker winch.. hoses? first post ever, so bear with me.. Does anyone know the NSN numbers or schematics of which hoses I need to convert my M998 to have the hydraulic mile marker winch?
also I need the 90 degree angle brackets that mount the winch to the front frame horns.

I would and I could, but I'd rob you of the pure joy and priceless learning experience of working with the manuals (TMs) to find the parts you're looking for.

Took me about an hour including time spent on the evil auction site and several MV parts sellers.

Start with TM 9-2320-280-24P-2, figure 469.

Lot of information here: TM-9-2320-280-20-3 Unit Maint Book 3

"Hoses" you find in 24P-2

TMS are available on this site.

Norm

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

check out this thread for install manual.

The manual has a parts breakdown with the military and milemarker part numbers. You can take the military number and get nsn at websites like parts target.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthr...ng-Mile-Marker

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks