• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need Door and Hood for FLU419

jbs123

Hello,

The SEE's up for auction yesterday went fast but some went as low as $4K...Anyways, I got in but I need a drivers door and hood. Any ideas on where to pick those two parts up?

Thanks!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! I was eyeballing those two SEEs myself.
Anyway, you might have to dig around for a hood as they're SEE/MMHM specific, or get a fiberglass one from Expedition Imports, which I did. It'll require some modifications, but for the SEE it's going on it doesn't matter. I've seen steel hoods for sale, but unless you won the auction AND the lottery...
Doors should be common with the Unimog 406, if I understand it correctly. I may even know where there's a cab with doors for sale...I know I saw that somewhere.
I'll let you know when it resurfaces in my memory.

peakbagger

Vons Mogs was advertising fiberglass hoods http://vonsmog.com/newunimoghoods.html(I expect they all come from the same manufacturer). There is currently a drivers side door on Ebay ($1,200).

As many folks have learned spare part pricing for Mogs is pricey. I expect someone could part out a 4 K mog for hefty profit if they wanted to go to the trouble. If you are new to SEEs download the tech manuals (there are several places on the web) and read the manuals to figure out how much other parts you will need. If this was the Texas auction plan on significant electrical repairs due to rodent damage.

Good luck

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jbs123, please keep in mind that we're not trying to discourage you, but presenting you the real world of SEE ownership. It's often a very bumpy road.
Not that it really matters, since a SEE is softly sprung and very slow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks