• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida off road only

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing the information here, Infidel. Kevin Vislocky is a great guy. I'm glad he received clarification on these issues.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agelai: If you're looking for your first MV, I suggest taking a test drive in a M1009 or M1008. Very practical, easy to source parts, relatively easy to maintain, very easy to locate tires, easy to park, and cheap to feed (my M1009 gets about 20 MPG). Buy the truck and apply for a license plate using FLHSMV Form 83045. Follow the instructions exactly as stated on the form, mail with your payment in a certified envelope to Tallahassee, wait 3-6 weeks, and mount your beautiful new tag on the back of your truck! :)

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here in SC we don't have to display tag.
Besides the Leo think they're all active duty.
I've not run tags on any of my trucks.
I put in cab and forget about it.
Insurance is the biggie don't ever go without it.
Same here, never been stopped since I started collecting MV's. I know **** well they know I'm not active duty anything LOL.... Fat bald old. Only ones I mount tags on are the ones not old enough to qualify for collector plates in MN.

Last edited:

ScottZeiter

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for a copy of 'Technical Advisory RS/TL16-022' on the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website: https://www.flhsmv.gov/motor-vehicles-tags-titles/motor-vehicle-bulletins/2016-2/

It seems they removed that document, as they list the documents in order, and 022 is missing. Is it still in effect? Does anyone have a copy they can forward to me? I'm interested in purchasing a HMMWF from GovPlanet.com, but want to register it for highway use in Florida. Not finding a way to do that.

Thanks,

Scott

ScottZeiter

Thank you. Yes, I was originally looking for the first bulletin, but this one supersedes it.

You're right about the unsure part, because I see many listed on Craigslist for sale that say "clear Florida title and registration for road use". I don't know if they were grandfathered in. The pictures show a regular Florida tag on it.

Scott

Chief B

I really think that it all depends on the tax office that you go into to get your tag. When I purchased my HMMWV, it had an Alabama title and my wife took it into the local tax collector office and walked out with street legal tag and a registration stating that it is an AM Gen Truck.

Lazboytt

I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for a copy of 'Technical Advisory RS/TL16-022' on the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website: https://www.flhsmv.gov/motor-vehicles-tags-titles/motor-vehicle-bulletins/2016-2/

It seems they removed that document, as they list the documents in order, and 022 is missing. Is it still in effect? Does anyone have a copy they can forward to me? I'm interested in purchasing a HMMWF from GovPlanet.com, but want to register it for highway use in Florida. Not finding a way to do that.

Thanks,

I have a copy if you need it just PM me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

springer1981

Thanks,

I have a copy if you need it just PM me
Look back 3 posts.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you. Yes, I was originally looking for the first bulletin, but this one supersedes it.

You're right about the unsure part, because I see many listed on Craigslist for sale that say "clear Florida title and registration for road use". I don't know if they were grandfathered in. The pictures show a regular Florida tag on it.

Scott
If the first bulletin was superseded , it really doesn't matter what that one said , as they go by the updated one .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks